Author Topic: That's Too Much Question  (Read 3901 times)

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
That's Too Much Question
« on: November 02, 2017, 09:07:07 AM »
Has anyone ever gone all the way to the 10th price (i.e., the last one)?  And if so, did anyone WIN at the price?

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: That's Too Much Question
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 09:50:48 AM »
Through at least the end of Season 45, the #10 slot has never held the winning price.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 11:00:26 AM »
I remember a contestant in season 31 going up to the 10th price which was a loss. The 9th price has been correct before, but never the 10th.

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 11:50:49 AM »
In the years ive played bigjon's price is right. I think ive seen it on there a couple times that the right price was the last one in the line. Never won when it was there

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 12:34:01 PM »
In the years ive played bigjon's price is right. I think ive seen it on there a couple times that the right price was the last one in the line. Never won when it was there

I think that's due to randomness that the game uses, which allows for ultra luxury cars to randomly shows up in "regular" games (in this video, it was an Infiniti, Audi, and Maybach in One Wrong Price instead of something like Triple Play:

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 12:42:04 PM »
I've come to see over the years that it's never the first or last prices available on That's Too Much (the former would probably be a bit unfair to put there, and it makes no sense to go all the way to the end most of the time).  Farthest I can recall is the 8th price on 2 or 3 occasions. 

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 01:53:42 PM »
I've come to see over the years that it's never the first or last prices available on That's Too Much (the former would probably be a bit unfair to put there, and it makes no sense to go all the way to the end most of the time).  Farthest I can recall is the 8th price on 2 or 3 occasions.
There was the infamous That’s Two Ninth! era where the correct answers were consistently in the second or ninth places

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 10:25:01 PM »
I distinctly remember one playing around Season 30 or 31 where an old lady who clearly had no idea how much cars cost went all the way to the 10th price.  Once they got there, Bob told her, "Well, I don't know whether you've won or lost, but one thing's for sure:  That's definitely too much!"

In the years ive played bigjon's price is right.

Nobody was asking about that, nor should they have -- that game operates so differently from the way a human being would do things that even trying to bring it into this discussion is ludicrous.

Also, that isn't a sentence.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 11:29:25 AM »
How did I not see that?!?!?!?!?!?!? must have been out of it LOL

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 11:34:46 AM »
I distinctly remember one playing around Season 30 or 31 where an old lady who clearly had no idea how much cars cost went all the way to the 10th price.  Once they got there, Bob told her, "Well, I don't know whether you've won or lost, but one thing's for sure:  That's definitely too much!"
I think it was season 31. I think she was the one that after each price shown she would say "that's not too much!"

Offline Sizeman

• Walking The Golden Road - after 20 years
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 12:26:27 PM »
The day the game was named "That's Too High"
- a loss though

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 02:43:41 PM »
The day the game was named "That's Too High"
- a loss though
Yeah, two numbers too far.