Author Topic: Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend  (Read 2580 times)

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend
« on: November 02, 2017, 07:57:53 PM »
Just a reminder, if you live in a state that observes DST, set your clocks one hour back before you go to bed saturday night as DST ends at 2am on sunday.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 08:04:52 PM »
I don't know why I signed up to work this Saturday night. 13 hour shifts are no fun!
1,719 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 01:33:46 AM »
I have to work Saturday night and I pretty much have to work an extra hour.  Oh well.

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 02:50:20 AM »
Just a reminder, if you live in a state that observes DST, set your clocks one hour back before you go to bed saturday night as DST ends at 2am on sunday.

I completely forgot about that

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 01:08:14 PM »
Some states, including Massachusetts, may be planning to get rid of Daylight Saving Time altogether by switching their time zone to Atlantic Standard Time, but that would require other neighborhood states to do the same thing and there are other issues as well.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Not exactly "Left Field" avatars.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 09:19:07 PM »
There are proposals to get rid of DST in B.C. and Alberta. In terms of TV broadcasting, however, it would make it awkward if Washington and Idaho don't follow suit.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 02:03:43 PM »
Some states, including Massachusetts, may be planning to get rid of Daylight Saving Time altogether by switching their time zone to Atlantic Standard Time, but that would require other neighborhood states to do the same thing and there are other issues as well.

Which would really be having Daylight Saving Time all year long (that is following Eastern Daylight Time all year).

While people seem to think it would be hard for just one state to do it, it can't be any more difficult than the current setup where two states meet with one on each side of a time zone line (that is, by doing this, MA would have time that is an hour different than the surrounding states from Nov-Mar, just as occurs all the time in those states on a time zone break, and people who live in those areas don't seem to have an issue when crossing the boundaries).

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 03:46:48 PM »
I have to work Saturday night and I pretty much have to work an extra hour.  Oh well.

Same here. I work third shift at my job and to work an extra hour.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 06:44:51 PM »
When I worked third shift, I was given the option to either work the extra hour or leave an hour early. I chose the latter.

Of course, I no longer work third shift, so for me it's now an extra hour of sleep. :)
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 08:52:43 PM »
When I worked third shift, I was given the option to either work the extra hour or leave an hour early. I chose the latter.

Of course, I no longer work third shift, so for me it's now an extra hour of sleep. :)

Working an extra hour or leaving an hour early seems like one of those super obvious choices. 

Offline dmaingame

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 12:22:09 AM »
I think we should just compromise and set the clocks a half-hour (in between DST and Standard Time) and leave them alone forever...Changing the clock doesn't make a day any longer or shorter, and it's been proven over and over that DST doesn't save energy.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 08:21:05 AM »
I propose everyone stays on standard time all year. It works for Arizona and Hawaii. If New England wants to switch to Atlantic time (which would match Nova Scotia, etc) then that’s fine.

In my job, those working third shift have to leave an hour early. The company does not like giving out overtime.

Offline KimmiKat

• In the Audience
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 01:25:52 AM »
I do wish they dump the DST thing. like in Arizona and Saskatchewan.
Sometimes my train of thought often pulls from the station without me.