Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 11/20/2017  (Read 7260 times)

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
Re: TPiR Recap - 11/20/2017
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 09:49:54 PM »
My thought on this is if all of that information were here in the threads, it would be easy to compile for someone on this forum that has the opportunity to try and be on the show, giving them a greater chance of winning?

Funny you mention this, and it's why I think mentioning size matters. ;)

Given our other common shared interest pertaining to primarily, although not exclusively Wednesdays, I've been thinking there's a way to work in a way that can be shortened to a certain two letters. With the rest of the week off, I'm going to work in every product offered this season in a giant database in Excel sorted by item (Grocery, Small, 3-digit, 4-digit non-trip, car, vehicle, 5-digit trip, 5-digit other), then get someone to code it for me into a Python program, memorize from there.

Every single prize will be recorded, including backwardation of rooms, trips will be noted down from room type, to excursions. Every car will have every option, model, transmission, etc. listed to take maximum optimization, including the car's base, so you can memorize the options from that root. One specifical note in this respect: Paint & Fabric Protection, or PFP, is a local option, is not determinable online, and changes not only from season to season, but year to year, meaning on the same car Season 45 PFP will vary from Season 46 PFP. This all is quite a bit more than 35 dumplings, but it'll do.

If you want this sent to you, lemme know if you want it here and/or Reddit. Applies to Mewtwo specifically given he mentioned it, but really anyone.

I started something rough like this last June but really want to put it into action. Should be said, Ted Slauson did the same as this about 10-15 years ago. Just picking up where he left off the way I see it, you know? Plus I owe you for some help in return for that subreddit work/FAQ of old. Made for some good fun meeting and subsequently impressing a boardie here earlier this month.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 03:12:30 AM »
Adam, I'm still seeing the ASCII(?) coding in the Time I$ Møney recap.  I don't know if this matters, but I'm using Chrome.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 05:46:31 AM »
^ So am I. I'm using Opera.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 12:05:58 PM »
Adam, I'm still seeing the ASCII(?) coding in the Time I$ Møney recap.  I don't know if this matters, but I'm using Chrome.

Made one more adjustment and it caused it to flip back.

We've looked into the coding of why it does that (same for the Checkmark in Switcheroo), we think it's in the forum software
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]