Author Topic: Potential Christmas Primetime Special Sneak Peek/Spoiler?  (Read 3598 times)

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
Potential Christmas Primetime Special Sneak Peek/Spoiler?
« on: November 28, 2017, 11:52:33 PM »
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOx4fjKVAAE-vdz.jpg
This is the Cyber Monday behind-the-scenes picture the show posted yesterday on Twitter.  However, two small screens (particularly the one just to the right of the two paired Cyber Monday screens) seem to hint that the show is gonna darken the audience lights again like they did during the Halloween special intro and during the $1,000,000 Spectaculars.  Half of me thinks though that the darkness is due only to the fact that they're rehearsing and therefore no one would be in the audience yet the other half of me can very vaguely see people in the audience.
If this ends up being a $1,000,000 Spectacular, which I very highly doubt, I have a feeling a bunch of fans (myself included) are gonna go absolutely nuts that the show finally brought the MDSs back after nearly 10 years.
Something that I don't 100% but am not counting on is perhaps a Christmas-themed primetime special, which would especially make sense if it were to air on the night of Christmas Eve, and if it does end up being a primetime special (and even if it doesn't),
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 11:56:08 PM by tpir7215 »

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Potential Christmas Primetime Special Sneak Peek/Spoiler?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 12:44:02 AM »
This appears to be nothing more than a rehearsal. There would be no need for the audience area to be lit during a rehearsal, and considering there is a man standing directly in front of Door 3, and the two main monitors are focused on an oddly framed wide shot of the stage, there is little chance this is a $1,000,000 Spectacular (which Drew has confirmed CBS has zero interest in producing).
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 01:56:23 AM »
This appears to be nothing more than a rehearsal. There would be no need for the audience area to be lit during a rehearsal, and considering there is a man standing directly in front of Door 3, and the two main monitors are focused on an oddly framed wide shot of the stage, there is little chance this is a $1,000,000 Spectacular (which Drew has confirmed CBS has zero interest in producing).

My point though was that one of the screens showed the giant audience screen with what looked like the show's logo wearing Santa's hat, which was clearly not part of Cyber Monday

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 09:57:01 AM »
My god, that’s some attention to detail.

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 11:06:05 AM »
My god, that’s some attention to detail.

Are you talking about how I was paying lots of attention?

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 01:23:23 PM »
That's a picture of the rehearsal of the Cyber Monday episode itself. They're rehearsing the fourth pricing game in door #2 (you can see the prizes on camera 4), the stands for the sixth pricing game are visibly waiting to be rehearsed, and I'm guessing those hotel images in the upper right corner of the picture are from the sixth One Bid.

The Cyber Monday episode was taped on the same day as the last episode of Christmas week -- they probably just didn't change the screen in the back of the audience yet.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 05:01:02 PM »
they probably just didn't change the screen in the back of the audience yet.

Sounds reasonable.  Besides the clue in the picture though, how do you know that Cyber Monday and the last episode of Christmas week were taped the same day

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 05:55:47 PM »
Besides the clue in the picture though, how do you know that Cyber Monday and the last episode of Christmas week were taped the same day

http://www.priceisright.com/calendar/
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline tpir7215