Author Topic: Most Forgettable Pricing Game  (Read 3803 times)

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Most Forgettable Pricing Game
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 08:26:38 PM »
Magic # is one of my favorite games.  Severely underrated in my opinion and more entertaining quickie that used to be commonly slotted 4th.  It's also one of a handful of games that can never be played first, because of the time it takes for the game's computer systems to warm up.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 05:13:49 AM »
Telephone Game

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 01:32:01 PM »
Magic # is one of my favorite games.  Severely underrated in my opinion and more entertaining quickie that used to be commonly slotted 4th.  It's also one of a handful of games that can never be played first, because of the time it takes for the game's computer systems to warm up.

It is indeed one of the more interesting quickies, along with Gridlock.  (yes, I consider Gridlock a quickie in terms of the timing for just the game, not including the car description)

Offline jimme

• Outside in Line
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 03:53:59 PM »
Freeze Frame is never in my head when I try to think of games they play.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2017, 03:21:05 AM »
Gridlock to me seems like they built the biggest, most elaborate set they could think of, before they realized that they needed to come up with a game, too.

I remember thinking On the Nose looked like an interesting idea after reading descriptions of it. But once I saw a few videos, I was pretty underwhelmed. It isn't near as fun to watch as Super Ball or Hole in One.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 11:31:38 PM »
Perhaps due to the extreme simplicity, Double Prices might be one of the most forgettable ones out there.
BuzzFeed even put it at literally the rock bottom rank in their "Definitive Ranking" list of pricing games: https://www.buzzfeed.com/adamdavis/come-on-down?utm_term=.mldodlZ1E#.lkB4W2re5

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 11:55:46 PM »
BuzzFeed even put it at literally the rock bottom rank in their "Definitive Ranking" list of pricing games: https://www.buzzfeed.com/adamdavis/come-on-down?utm_term=.mldodlZ1E#.lkB4W2re5
*reads through BuzzFeed article* Well, there's five minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2017, 12:28:59 PM »
Gallery Game.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2017, 10:21:49 PM »
The original version of Time is Money, if that counts.  Otherwise, Poker Game.

If it's limited to games still in use: probably Line 'em Up - when I see three prizes introduced and then a car, I always think of More or Less, even though obviously the two-digit prize isn't going to be used in that game.