Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 12/29/2017 (TPiR Best of 2017 Special)  (Read 9516 times)

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 12/29/2017 (TPiR Best of 2017 Special)
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2018, 05:27:10 PM »
A "premium hotel room" in Times Square is probably $2K a night. That's $12K right there.

Believe it or not, the rooms labelled premium at this hotel are just over $500/night, and that is checking several days at the end of Dec 2018 including New Years Eve, which one might expect to be the highest rates of the year for anyplace in the Times Square region?

Of course, this particular hotel is on West 35th St, so not exactly what most think of as Times Square, either...

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2018, 04:11:44 AM »
I love the redone Bullseye board.  I do miss the eggcrate display, but other than that, everything about it looks awesome, and the touchscreens are a nice compromise between adding tech and still letting the host interact with the board.  Even the black numbers, which seemed awkward in screenshots, look really good with the board in action.

I can't decide whether it was cool or weird that they essentially played Double Prices for a showcase.

Oh please, anyone paying the attention to the prize description would know the NYC trip was most likely under $9000, while the international trips likely floating around $12,000 - 14,000. This was not that difficult to figure out.

Exactly how many trips around the world do you think most people take in a year?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 09:22:08 AM »
Fun fact - many of you know I teach high school. Today one of my students told me her mom was on the Price is Right and missed a chance to win a Range Rover. Her mom was the 6th contestant called down today (Laurie), but didn't get on stage.   Small world!
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker