Author Topic: The Cleveland Browns Make History  (Read 3763 times)

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
The Cleveland Browns Make History
« on: December 31, 2017, 04:07:14 PM »
The Browns become the 2nd team in history to go 0-16 in a season, joining the 2008 Detroit Lions.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Cleveland Browns Make History
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 04:40:22 PM »
As the analysts have noted, they are now a whopping 1-31 since passing up the chance to draft Carson Wentz, who even in his current state would almost certainly be doubly better than everyone else who's been under center for them the last 2 years. 

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 05:27:41 PM »
I knew it was going to happen. It'll be interesting to see who they draft with the No. 1 pick; Matt Stafford has done a terrific job of turning the Lions around since his arrival in 2009.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 11:33:37 PM »
Word is that the city of Cleveland will hold a parade for the Browns to commemorate their “accomplishment.” If Cleveland had won against Pittsburgh, word is the Cleveland head coach would have jumped into Lake Erie.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 05:10:17 AM »
I knew it was going to happen. It'll be interesting to see who they draft with the No. 1 pick; Matt Stafford has done a terrific job of turning the Lions around since his arrival in 2009.

He has? They haven’t won a playoff game, and this year didn’t even make it. For all of the money he makes, that is pathetic.

Word is the Browns are keeping Hue Jackson. Apparently they like to lose.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 07:56:56 AM »
He has? They haven’t won a playoff game, and this year didn’t even make it. For all of the money he makes, that is pathetic.
The Lions show head coach Jim Caldwell the door.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 09:03:36 AM »

Word is the Browns are keeping Hue Jackson. Apparently they like to lose.

That's not on Stafford at all. He's the reason the Lions even stay afloat and are in playoff contention.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 01:03:28 PM »
Yes it is. Stafford leads the offense. Stafford is the one who threw some awful passes this year. Stafford is the one who was embarrassed by Minnesota and Cincinnati, among other teams. When you make around $100 million, you have to take some ownership.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »
Stafford has his bad moments, yes. But without him, the Lions would be down and out. Only a handful or so quarterbacks you'd want over him, to be honest. I guess you're not a fan of Derek Carr's contract, either, or for that matter, the one Kirk Cousins is likely going to get this offseason.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 07:25:45 AM »
Stafford has his bad moments, yes. But without him, the Lions would be down and out. Only a handful or so quarterbacks you'd want over him, to be honest. I guess you're not a fan of Derek Carr's contract, either, or for that matter, the one Kirk Cousins is likely going to get this offseason.

They are still down and out. Not winning in the playoffs means you are not good.

Carr should have never been paid so much for so little. Cousins isn’t that good either- just look how that team imploded.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 12:41:16 PM »
They are still down and out. Not winning in the playoffs means you are not good.

So you mean Barry Sanders was garbage too since he won just one Detroit game during his career with Detroit.

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 04:46:00 AM »

That's not extended to mean failure in the Super Bowl, is it (like Atlanta quite infamously did against New England)?

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 03:21:54 PM »
Barry Sanders has more playoff wins that Stafford. He also didn’t play the most important position on the field.

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 11:35:38 PM »
The Lions show head coach Jim Caldwell the door.

Caldwell didn't deserve to be fired in my opinion.  It reminds me of when the front office sent Wayne Fontes packing after he gave the Lions the only success they've had since their 1957 NFL Championship.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 06:17:33 AM »
Caldwell was mired in mediocrity, and showed how clueless he was coaching, especially with clock management. Wayne Fontes has a decent team, but couldn’t get them to the next level after the 1991 playoff win. I remember plenty of first round exits, and embarrassing exits.

Both deserved to go. Not everyone can be Jeff Fisher- perhaps the definition of 7-9.