Author Topic: A Question About Tattletales  (Read 865 times)

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
A Question About Tattletales
« on: January 01, 2018, 05:03:40 PM »
So, I have been catching quite a few episodes of Tattletales on BUZZR lately. I never really watched the show all that much before but it happens to be on whenever I put the channel on so I've managed to develop somewhat of an appreciation for it over the last little while.

One thing I am a bit unclear on is the rooting sections. I get that each celebrity couple is winning money for everyone in their rooting section and this money is being split among everyone in it and these audience members are collecting their winnings in the form of checks that are being handed out after the show. My question is how many people were in each section? I've seen some shows where some sections are splitting pots as low as $50 - are people literally being handed checks as low as one dollar (or less) as they're leaving the studio?

Offline SuperSweeper

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: A Question About Tattletales
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 05:07:15 PM »
This was recently a question on The Game Show Forum, and we found the answer from this link - there were 122 people in each section.

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 06:08:34 PM »
Thank you for that information. Definitely doesn't look like there's over 100 people in each section.

I should have realized that logically they would tape a few shows with the same audience so the audience was probably walking with $20 apiece, even if they were saddled in a really bad rooting section.

Online blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 06:11:21 PM »
Thank you for that information. Definitely doesn't look like there's over 100 people in each section.

I should have realized that logically they would tape a few shows with the same audience so the audience was probably walking with $20 apiece, even if they were saddled in a really bad rooting section.
That and they would move the celebs to different seats between episodes, so help spread the winnings more evenly.

Offline jaywilliams

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 07:48:22 PM »
Since I do not have the BUZZR channel where I live and have not had GSN since 2010, but where I have read, audience members gets a share of the total amounts won by each couple and gets a check from a check machine that they pick up when they leave the studio. Sorry, but I have not watched a rerun of Tattletales in over 15 years, although episodes of that show are downloaded on Amazon Prime.
Jay Williams

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 09:54:13 PM »
Did audience members - at least, the earlier arrivals, when there were still plenty of empty seats - have a choice in whose rooting sections they wanted to sit in?
"Now folks, I want to thank you very, very much for inviting me into your homes for the last 50 years.  I am deeply grateful.  And please remember - help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered.  Goodbye, everybody!"
- Bob Barker signs off for the last time, June 15, 2007

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 09:47:49 AM »
I wonder what the cash amounts would be if let's say it was revived with Steve Harvey as host

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 10:22:02 AM »
I wonder what the cash amounts would be if let's say it was revived with Steve Harvey as host

Doesn’t Steve Harvey have enough to do as it is?

Online blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 04:29:14 PM »
Doesn’t Steve Harvey have enough to do as it is?
My thoughts precisely.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 05:30:48 PM »

What would Steve Harvey being host have to do with it?

The question, "what would the cash amounts be if Tattletales were revived today?" is a legitimate one.

No need to tie a hypothetical revival to its being hosted by a specific host, unless you want to get into the question of "would [insert name here] be a good host of a Tattletales revival."
"Now folks, I want to thank you very, very much for inviting me into your homes for the last 50 years.  I am deeply grateful.  And please remember - help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered.  Goodbye, everybody!"
- Bob Barker signs off for the last time, June 15, 2007