Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/3/2018  (Read 9286 times)

Offline festiboi

• 1/3/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: TPiR Recap - 1/3/2018
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 10:40:32 PM »
So.... I am the actual Ryan Glass from the show today.  I've loved the show since I was a kid, and watch it whenever I can.  Plus I always cruise this website afterwards to get everyone's view

Thank you for watching the show.  Personally, it was a thrill to be there, get called down, and play Plinko!!!!!  Being the highest winner in the game's history doesn't hurt either

A couple of thoughts:

- I didn't feel like the record win is as huge of a deal as it has been on some websites.  I'm totally thrilled and still beyond stoked.  But it wasn't the typical Plinko board, and unlike some former Plinko champions who had to hit $10k several times, I had the advantage of the higher value centre slot. Regardless, it was still exhilarating and I am over the moon.   
- Hitting the $3500 was great to begin with, and the $35k hit was completely unexpected.  Watching it today, the perspective is totally different than looking directly down the board.  We've all watched Plinko and know how unpredictable the chips can be.  But I didn't realize how much both of the first two chips zig zagged at the last moment.  Very close!
-I'm surprised how much was edited- Initially, I was leaping all around Drew when the Plink board was revealed, but that was taken out (probably, thankfully!)  A few other moments were removed too
-I'm glad that Ashley won the wheel.  It was heartbreaking and the $0.95 would've been great any other time, along with the close second spin.  But since she lost her chance for the Chevy Cruze on stage, I'm glad she had a second chance on the Showcase
-Henry was totally awesome.  I had been chatting to him while in line, and I knew from the moment I saw him that he would be picked.
-I actually lost my wedding ring during the show.  While being called down, and doing high fives, it slipped off and disappeared into the abyss.  There was no time to look for it.  During the entire taping, it was on my mind to find it at some point.  After the wheel spin, it was reported to a crew member and eventually it was found under a seat after the show.  Phew!
-It was a great show and thank you again for watching it!!!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 10:43:20 PM by festiboi »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 10:45:26 PM »
I'm glad an LFAT got the game, at least. :)
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 10:46:35 PM »
So.... I am the actual Ryan Glass from the show today.  I've loved the show since I was a kid, and watch it whenever I can.  Plus I always cruise this website afterwards to get everyone's view

Thank you for watching the show.  Personally, it was a thrill to be there, get called down, and play Plinko!!!!!  Being the highest winner in the game's history doesn't hurt either

A couple of thoughts:

- I didn't feel like the record win is as huge of a deal as it has been on some websites.  I'm totally thrilled and still beyond stoked.  But it wasn't the typical Plinko board, and unlike some former Plinko champions who had to hit $10k several times, I had the advantage of the higher value centre slot. Regardless, it was still exhilarating and I am over the moon.   
- Hitting the $3500 was great to begin with, and the $35k hit was completely unexpected.  Watching it today, the perspective is totally different than looking directly down the board.  We've all watched Plinko and know how unpredictable the chips can be.  But I didn't realize how much both of the first two chips zig zagged at the last moment.  Very close!
-I'm surprised how much was edited- Initially, I was leaping all around Drew when the Plink board was revealed, but that was taken out (probably, thankfully!)  A few other moments were removed too
-I'm glad that Ashley won the wheel.  It was heartbreaking and the $0.95 would've been great any other time, along with the close second spin.  But since she lost her chance for the Chevy Cruze on stage, I'm glad she had a second chance on the Showcase
-Henry was totally awesome.  I had been chatting to him while in line, and I knew from the moment I saw him that he would be picked.
-I actually lost my wedding ring during the show.  While being called down, and doing high fives, it slipped off and disappeared into the abyss.  There was no time to look for it.  During the entire taping, it was on my mind to find it at some point.  After the wheel spin, it was reported to a crew member and eventually it was found under a seat after the show.  Phew!

Ryan, congrats. I need to apologize. I didn't realize your name was wrong, much less you being Ryan. I apologize for calling you Bryan in the recap. ;)

Regardless, I think we all know it is not a true record.

That said, what did you do with the $39,200?

Also, on behalf of the community, welcome to Golden Road.net. We hope you stay around. :)
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 10:55:59 PM »
I just realized that Ryan's $31,500 record win from May was broken by another contestant named Ryan.

I wonder if the next record will be set by another Ryan or perhaps a Ryan will actually fully win Plinko (hit the center slot all 5 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 11:05:48 PM »

A couple of thoughts:

From one LFAT to another, congratulations on your Plinko win, and I'm glad you had fun playing the game on its 35th anniversary. Nice shoutout to Drew's hometown, BTW.

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 11:09:36 PM »
I'm assuming that the Plinko slot amount changes are temporary. I'd be surprised and kinda delighted to find out they're permanent.

I'd assume that if they did keep the new amounts that they'd change them next season to 36-themed or even more likely make them 40 themed come season 51.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 11:17:38 PM »
Congratulations Ryan on your win and that you had such a fun experience! Glad you found your wedding ring also.

Offline festiboi

• 1/3/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 11:40:17 PM »
Ryan, congrats. I need to apologize. I didn't realize your name was wrong, much less you being Ryan. I apologize for calling you Bryan in the recap. ;)

Regardless, I think we all know it is not a true record.

That said, what did you do with the $39,200?

Also, on behalf of the community, welcome to Golden Road.net. We hope you stay around. :)

It's all good Adam.  It's that darn closed-captioning that owes the apology   :-D  Plus, I've been called worse names, lol

As well know, no prizes have sent out as of yet, with the show just airing today.  So there's been no cheques in the mail.  Once received, I'll have to share some with Uncle Sam, of course, and I'll share some with my parents, who really do need it.  Otherwise, we're planning on moving at some stage in the next year, and this will help us dramatically with getting set up in our new habitat

I've been a member for years, but will be around and will keep a watch on the forums everyday

Offline festiboi

• 1/3/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 11:42:58 PM »
From one LFAT to another, congratulations on your Plinko win, and I'm glad you had fun playing the game on its 35th anniversary. Nice shoutout to Drew's hometown, BTW.

Thank you Teddy! 

You won a double showcase??!?!?!  What did you win, and what did you do with it all?  (an easy question to ask, but you probably have a long answer for it)  That's amazing!

And so glad to shout out to Cleveland; it's an adopted hometown and aside from the weather, I love it.  A great city and such sincere, kind people

Offline festiboi

• 1/3/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 11:43:49 PM »
Congratulations Ryan on your win and that you had such a fun experience! Glad you found your wedding ring also.

Thank you so much JayC!

I'm glad too!  I would've been in so much trouble!!!  :)

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2018, 11:50:01 PM »
You won a double showcase??!?!?!  What did you win, and what did you do with it all?
If you mean where it says "Double Showcase Winner" under his name, all that means is that he's made 1,000 or more posts on the site. Though there are a few members here who, like you, are former contestants (they have spinning stars under their name)

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 12:03:42 AM »
Nice job on the Plinko win Ryan. :-)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Mewtwo

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 10:00:13 AM »
Congrats on your huge win!

It's funny, every time Plinko has anything happen with it, there will be people coming on the forum suggesting one hit of the center slot should be a win for Plinko, and then people coming in to defend the way it's always been, that it has to be a full win to be a win.  Let's be honest, barring there being fishing line to guide chips into the center slot like were used in that one commercial, no one's ever going to win the full prize in our lifetime.

I do wish The Price is Right would modify Plinko, just a little.

Remember Super Ball?  How you had to win each ball individually, but got the chance to win the Super Ball at the end where that could win every prize?  Plinko should add a "Golden Chip" like that, where you drop that after all your other chips if you win it, wherever it lands it is x5 unless it hits the center slot, in which case your total just gets maxed at $50,000 or whatever the promotional offering for that show is.

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 11:10:40 AM »
Let's be honest, barring there being fishing line to guide chips into the center slot like were used in that one commercial, no one's ever going to win the full prize in our lifetime.

Back when the top prize was $25,000 with a $5,000 center slot, one contestant put four chips into the center slot and one into $1,000 for a total of $21,000.  This technically should be considered the Plinko record since four chips hit the center slot and one hit the biggest non-center slot, $1,000, though Ryan from May did indeed come pretty close.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 03:40:27 AM »
Plinko's modifications for today struck me as something the show didn't think all the way through.  Yeah, I get that having 35s in all the values looks neat given what's being celebrated, but does it really make sense for the $500 slots to be worth $150 less than usual? :confused:

There must be something about Ryan's and the game of Plinko, after last year's big win with the energetic obnoxious Ryan Belz

Fixed that for you. :P

So.... I am the actual Ryan Glass from the show today.

In that case, thank you very much for not acting like the other Ryan!

Also, should I recognize your name from somewhere?  I'd swear I remember the name "Ryan Glass" from here or ATGS or somewhere, but I can't for the life of me think why.

Remember Super Ball?  How you had to win each ball individually, but got the chance to win the Super Ball at the end where that could win every prize?  Plinko should add a "Golden Chip" like that, where you drop that after all your other chips if you win it, wherever it lands it is x5 unless it hits the center slot, in which case your total just gets maxed at $50,000 or whatever the promotional offering for that show is.

I've proposed something like this in the past, but my idea is a little different.  If they absolutely have to make winning Plinko a realistic possibility, they should offer an extra chip only to contestants who win all five chips.  Using it would negate anything won with the regular chips, but whatever it landed in would be multiplied by five (which would make zeros...still be worth zero).  It makes it more likely that someone would eventually win the $50,000, but it still demands the same pricing knowledge as the real format.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.