Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/10/2018 (TPiR Season 46 Publishers Clearing House Week - Day III)  (Read 4787 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Episode #8243K (TPiR Season 46 Publishers Clearing House Week - Day 3)
Aired – 1/10/2018; Taped – 12/6/2017
Models: Amber Lancaster, Rachel Reynolds
Microphone Handoff: Amber
First Four Contestant Seating: Left to Right

First IUFB: Electric Scooter (MicroKickboard: Foldable scooter and helmet); ARP: $1,110 (Rachel)

MARK MARLYS DESMOND AMY
325 475 476 1

The winner is...
DESMOND

Desmond is playing Bonkers for a trip to Patagonia (RT Coach to Balmaceda, Chile then to Puerto Guadal for a 6n stay at the Terra Luna Lodge + daily breakfast, waterfall trek) (Amber).

6 7 5 3

First guess:

6 7 5 3

WIN! (0:26)

5 5 5 5

7 4 8 8

WIN (Total Winnings: $27,488)

Second IUFB: Pair of Tablets (32GB tablets with 9.7in OLED screen; 2 stylus pens); ARP: $1,200 (Overhead)

MARK MARLYS RYAN AMY
750 1501 1500 900

The winner is...
AMY

Amy is playing LUCKY $EVEN for a 2018 Chevrolet Cruze LS (1.4L engine, 6-speed AT, FWD, interior protection package, engine block heater, pedal covers, paint/fabric porection) (Rachel).

First number is...

$

Remaining: $7

Guess: 4

$

Remaining: $4

Guess: 6

$

Remaining: $1

Guess: 8

$

Remaining: $0

LOSS. ARP was:

$

Third IUFB: Skee-Ball Table (Arcade style skee-ball table with 2 player electronic scoring); ARP: $995 (Amber)

MARK MARLYS RYAN MEGAN
1200 900 1201 850

The winner is...
MARLYS

Marlys is playing Double Cross for a range & cookware (5-burner gas double burner range courtesy of Plessers.com; accessories, cookware and meat thermometer) (Amber) and a computer (Apple: 27in iMac with 5K retina display, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD, printer) (Rachel).

RANGE

RANGE

COMPUTER

COMPUTER

Marlys sets the screens to:

RANGE

RANGE

COMPUTER

COMPUTER

ARPs: $4,234 and $2,369. WIN

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Amy $1,200 60 75 1.35
OVER
Marlys $7,598 75 .40
Desmond $28,598 100 .85 *$1,000!*

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 TOTAL RESULT
Desmond $29,598 25 .25 *SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Designer Jewelry (SuperJeweler: Amethyst and sterling silver 14ct gold collection of necklace, ring and earrings); ARP: $1,300 (Rachel)

MARK KIMBERLY RYAN MEGAN
1250 1350 750 900

The winner is...
MARK

Mark, a cancer survivor from Miami, is playing Money Game for a 2018 Fiat 500 Pop Hatchback (1.4L engine, FWD, 6-speed AT, popular equipment package, paint/fabric) (Amber).

MONEY GAME

80 48 19
    35 17 97
    63 72 18
    F 2 R

Mark picks [18] - [F]

80 48 19
    35 17 97
    63 72 F
    18 2 R

Mark picks [63] - [R]

80 48 19
    35 17 97
    R 72 F
    18 2 63

WIN

Fifth IUFB: Video Game Package (Microsoft: XBox 1, wireless controller, 4 games); ARP: $699 (Amber)

ZACHARY KIMBERLY RYAN MEGAN
550 800 551 552

The winner is...
MEGAN

Megan is playing Double Prices for a new living room (Carolinachair: sofa, ottoman, 2 pillows, teak wood coffee table, side table; 75in UHD Smart LED TV with HDR) (Rachel).

$9,421
$
$7,923
$9,421
$7,923
LOSS

Sixth IUFB: Treadmill (Bowflex: treadmill with innovative console); ARP: $2,699 (Rachel)

ZACHARY KIMBERLY RYAN KELLI
1575 1201 1202 1200

The winner is...
ZACHARY

Zachary is playing It's In The Bag for a chance to win up to $16,000.

Grocery items:

1. Cascade Dishwasher Pods
  2. Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
  3. Alka-Seltzer Antacid
  4. Crystal Light Grape Drink Mix
  5. Yoplait Chocolate Yogurt
  6. Dove Spray Anti-Perspirant

YOGURT
DETERGENT
HEARTBURN RELIEF
DRINK MIX
ANTI-PERISPIRANT

70¢
$16.99
$7.99
$2.59
$4.49

YOGURT
DETERGENT
HEARTBURN RELIEF
COOKIE MIX
DRINK MIX

$1,000
$2,000
$4,000
BAILOUT
$16,000

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Megan $699 35 95 1.30
OVER
Zachary $6,699 5 100 1.05
OVER
Mark $19,563 25 .25 *SHOWCASE*

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Desmond has the honors...

SC1 - Desmond

GET GRILLIN'
  • Outdoor Kitchen Island (Bull: Porcelain tile island with Grill, fridge and double storage door; 2 bar stools) (Rachel)
  • Designer Accessories (Michael Kors: 1 backpack, messenger bag, 1 wallet, 2 pairs of sunglasses for him and her; cashmere scarf and leather tote for her) (Amber)
  • 2017 Kia Soul (1.6L engine, 6-speed AT, FWD, mudguards) (Rachel)
Bid: $23,500

SC2 -

ROLLER COASTERS
  • Trip to Orlando (Coach to Orlando, FL for a 6n stay in a poolview room at the Hilton Orlando + daily breakfast, 1 day pass to Universal Studios) (Rachel)
  • Trip to Austria (Coach from Orland to Vienna, AU for a 6n stay in a double room at the Ruby Lilssi Hotel Vienna + daily breakfast, pair of 4hr ride passes) (Rachel)
  • Trip to Shanghai (Coach from Vienna to Shanghai, CH for a 6n stay in a 1-bedroom executive apartment at the Oakwood Residence Shanghai + daily breakfast, 2 day passes to Disney China; fly back to LA) (Rachel)
Bid: $22,500
Desmond
$23,500
CAR
$29,647
$6,147
CAR
*WIN*
$59,245
Mark
$22,500
TRIPS
$28,709
$6,209
TRIPS

Results: 3 out of 6 (with 1 bailout)
Winnings: $95,004
Biggest Winner: Desmond

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 08:05:04 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
Nice show today. Great win in Bonkers.
That's not a misprint , Money Game had the wrong 'year' number in its traditional spot ( top middle )
It was the 1st time since 2/5/07 in which the 'year' number on the Money Game board wasn't in its normal spot.

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
When was the last time we had two perfect games in one show?

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Bonkers and Money Game were simply amazing! Although one has to wonder, were they skipping two seasons ahead in today's playing?

Also, the last three items in It's in the Bag were initially messed up; good thing Drew allowed Zachary to change them, as I know this would never happen with Bob, who usually made the contestant's decisions final.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
...good thing Drew allowed Zachary to change them, as I know this would never happen with Bob, who usually made the contestant's decisions final.

Not true, Barker would let contestants change their mind, usually depending how sympathetic he felt for them. Granted, it didn't happen often, and Bob generally kept a tighter hand on the flow of the game play than Drew does. The most notorious case of Barker letting a contestant change their mind, was the Showcase contestant who gave 4 or 5 different ridiculous bids, and ended up with a Double Showcase win. Drew is much more strict with Showcase bids than Barker ever was.

Generally, there seems to be an unofficial rule for most pricing games, that a contestant can change their mind, so long its before the reveal. Drew is just more generous with that rule.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Great wins in Bonkers and Money Game! Lucky $even was tough, especially the last two numbers. Don't think many would've won it today.

It's in the Bag was a little tougher with the 2nd and 3rd bags than normal I thought. I could see the detergent and antacid being switched, and the deodorant instead of the drink mix for the last bag. The yogurt and cookie mix were the only definites.

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
Pretty good show today. A 9 and 8 in the price for Unlucky 7, however...

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Not true, Barker would let contestants change their mind, usually depending how sympathetic he felt for them. Granted, it didn't happen often, and Bob generally kept a tighter hand on the flow of the game play than Drew does. The most notorious case of Barker letting a contestant change their mind, was the Showcase contestant who gave 4 or 5 different ridiculous bids, and ended up with a Double Showcase win. Drew is much more strict with Showcase bids than Barker ever was.

Speaking of Barker, I'm seriously glad he wasn't hosting today. In his later years on the show I truly fear he would have been hurt by Desmond. Did you notice how he basically attacked Drew when he got on stage?   

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
It was the 1st time since 2/5/07 in which the 'year' number on the Money Game board wasn't in its normal spot.

Incorrect.  The season number wasn't used for about two years between Seasons 37 and 39, and it also didn't appear on May 29, 2013.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner

Generally, there seems to be an unofficial rule for most pricing games, that a contestant can change their mind, so long its before the reveal. Drew is just more generous with that rule.

I'm sure that the contestant is glad another Bob -- Bob Eubanks -- wasn't ever the host. He was one who always held the contestant to their first answer, even if they realized (as they had just spit out the answer) they were incorrect and wanted to change their mind before the reveal (depending on the game's rules). I know there's others out there who are that strict, but Bob Eubanks is the first to come to mind.

Brian

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
I'm sure that the contestant is glad another Bob -- Bob Eubanks -- wasn't ever the host.

I'm sure neither the contestant nor anyone else involved with the show had a single thought about Bob Eubanks during that game.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline MyNameIsMichael

• In Contestant's Row
I just watched this episode and when I saw Zachary, I knew he looked familiar to me. He was a houseguest on Big Brother, season 8. I was rooting for him to win that season (he came in third place).