Author Topic: Buzzr Will Air Supermarket Sweep, Celebrity Name Game, Temptation and Karn Feud  (Read 7255 times)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
http://www.fremantlemedia.com/buzzr-kicks-off-2018-with-a-bang-adding-supermarket-sweep-and-celebrity-name-game/

Starting next Monday, Supermarket Sweep will replace Monty Hall's Beat the Clock weeknights at 8:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.

Four weeks from today, Buzzr will also jazz up their Friday nights with three new shows, presumably in one-hour blocks: Celebrity Name Game, Richard Karn's Feud and Temptation.

The Friday night overhaul is a surprise. I never really got into Celebrity Name Game all that much when it first started airing but I'll tune in more often now that it's on at a time I'll be home. Plus, it's refreshing to see another version of Feud on Buzzr that disappeared on GSN when it became the Steve Harvey network. Tempation... well, the less said about it the better.

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
http://www.fremantlemedia.com/buzzr-kicks-off-2018-with-a-bang-adding-supermarket-sweep-and-celebrity-name-game/

Starting next Monday, Supermarket Sweep will replace Monty Hall's Beat the Clock weeknights at 8:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.

And that will be the only one I'll actually see-- I miss it from when it was on Lifetime running back-to-back w/Debt (that latter show w/Wink Martindale), and I'll be looking forward to seeing it again!

Online Alfonzo

• Director
I'd rather watch umpteen reruns of The Better Sex and Mindreaders than Temptation!
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
Looks like the Supermarket Sweep episodes are from the 1991 season, and here's the first episode BUZZR aired right here:

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
I see that they're airing Anderson's Feud at 6 PM once again, and from the first season. I wonder if they'll also air the first season when Karn's version joins the lineup?

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Unfortunately, my area does not get Buzzr tv unless we have DISH network.  I live in rockford, il

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
I see that they're airing Anderson's Feud at 6 PM once again, and from the first season. I wonder if they'll also air the first season when Karn's version joins the lineup?

I expect them to air either Karn’s first season or his second, given that they started with the second season of Supermarket Sweep yesterday. My memory is hazy but I clearly remember GSN aired first season episodes because they had the Anderson scoring format and the remixed Combs cues.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
^Yes, GSN has aired all four seasons of Karn Feud when it was on their schedule.

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
I expect them to air either Karn’s first season or his second, given that they started with the second season of Supermarket Sweep yesterday.

The promos airing for the upcoming Friday night block are showing clips from either Karn's second or third season, so they're probably not starting with his first season.
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline BobJacobsenVer1

• Double Showcase Winner
Does anyone know if/when supermarket sweep will be available on amazon prime? I heard it was going to be on there also, but wasn’t sure if it was after a certain amount of time on buzzr or what.. also, any other shows coming to amazon prime?

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
I watched Sweep with my mom last night, and she still enjoys watching it just as much as she did when it was on Lifetime, though she did notice how vintage SD resolution is on a 70" TV. Glad they chose one of the pre-1993 seasons as well.

As for Temptation, hopefuly Fremantle doesn't forget to edit out the phone plugs prior to the commercial breaks. With $ale still in active rotation, it will be easy to see why it was quite a downgrade from the original.

Nice to see two Richards doing the Feud now, though of course Louie's should still be seen in moderation as I even prefer Harvey.

I'm surprised at Celebrity Name Game though as its a show from this decade and better belongs on GSN, but its still a good show as I only watched a couple episodes when it ran, and it was a decent little game that has some Pyramid elements to it. 
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
Celebrity Name Game can only be fully enjoyed when watched in tandem with all the outtakes posted on YouTube  :oldlol:
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Nice to see two Richards doing the Feud now, though of course Louie's should still be seen in moderation as I even prefer Harvey.

They've been swapping out Combs and Anderson quite often. It's hard to tell which version they'll air sometimes.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
They've been swapping out Combs and Anderson quite often. It's hard to tell which version they'll air sometimes.
...unless you check their online schedule, which as of right now is posted up through February 5th.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
Good news for those who have Amazon Prime. Supermarket Sweep just added the first PAX season episodes to Amazon video.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist