Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/10/2007 (MG: 02/14/12007)  (Read 30768 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/10/2007 (MG: 02/14/12007)
« on: April 10, 2007, 02:56:24 PM »

Production #3882K - Taped Jan. 8, 2007 (Early)(Postponed from Feb. 14, 2007)

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: left to right

Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Tadashi

1   Rossignol His/Hers Ski Equipment (L)

CHRISTA 902
JIM *1250
MIA 800
DONNA 799
($1886)
STUPID BID

Jim plays SWITCH?

Pulaski Gesso Dining Group (G)$2100NO$3021
Husvarna Riding Lawn Mower (R)$3021SWITCH$2100LOSS

2   2 Citiscapes Displays (R)

+Christa *601
MATTHEW 1600
+Mia 600
+Donna 1400
($680)

Christa, a student at Colgate, plays PUNCHBOARD

(Senseo) Coffee Maker$80LOWER$67*(24)500
(RCA) Clock Radio/Phone15HIGHER29*(18)50sc(50)50
Auto Tool Kit30HIGHER50*(46)250sc( 7 )5000BAILOUT
Ice Cream Sphere60LOWER29*(21)(Not Revealed)

3   Stainless 20.5 cu ft Fridge+Freezer/Gold Bond Body Lotion (G&L)

MARK 1000
Matthew 1399
+Mia 1800
+Donna 1350
OVERBID
($949)

Mark plays TEN CHANCES

Cereal Dispenser
highbrowfurniture.com Nelson Sunflower Clock (R)

WHA?

WIN

HUH?

NO!

DOH!
LOSS
:14
2:00

Lost in the shuffle: a Pontiac Vibe. Moral: make this game hard, lose the car.

SHOWDOWN #1

$1,009Mark95 stay.95
1,886Jim50 + 65OVThrough to Showcase Round
6,105Christie85 + 75OV

4   6 Flowlab Flowboards/Aspercreme Patch (L)

EDWARD 942
Matthew 999
+Mia 1000
+Donna *1
($887)

Donna from Minnesota plays COMING OR GOING for a Beachcomber Hot Tub (G&R)

---> $4995   WIN!

The Peanut Gallery, having given bad advice twice in the last two games, is now on notice. One more time and Barker's "throwing" the whole lot out the door.

5   Flexsteel Sacketts Harbor Sofa/MidNite Sleep Aid (R-aboard "Chugs")

Edward 1200
Matthew *1201
+Mia 400
ROSEMARY 899
($2220)

Matthew (aka FlipFlopper7769) from New York plays MONEY GAME for a Ford Focus S (Std., AC, ALB, Prot)(G)

1617-23590
178516-115-3
----514027-4
 ----
$33$15 9 27   WIN!

Scroll down a bit for his first-hand account. Another whirling gold star for the group. We like bestowing these.

The Row is a lonely place, especially when you're the last of the original group. Such is the case with Mia. She'd better plot her escape now for banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club awaits...

6   Water Ventures Molokini Kayak (R)
Edward *1300
CATHERINE 500
+Mia 1000
Rosemary 1250
($2271)

Mia heads off to the membership desk while Edward from Boston plays BULLSEYE for a Magnussen Gilmore Bedroom Group and a Dormia Sleep Set (L)($8394)

(2) Francesco Rinaldi Pasta Sauce3 x 1.99$5.97*
(1) Purina Cat Chow (bag)3 x 3.9911.97WIN!

(3) (Oxford) Ruled Index Cards (100)
(4) (Fiji) Bottled Water (1l)
(5) Santa Fe Salsa

SHOWDOWN #2Spinoff
$5,882Donna50 +   5.55(Puny 2nd Spin)
10,665Edward30 + 35.65.90Through to Showcase Round
18,220Matthew65 stay.65.50

SHOWCASE ROUND

Edward has the honor.

SC1-Mark

(Namco Bowlarama) Video Arcade Game
Murrey Sacramento Billiard Table
Pop-a-shot Basketball Game (L)
Yamaha Upright Piano (R)
BID$12,000
PRICE19,285
DIFF- 7,285

SC2-Edward

BETTY THE BRAGGART (G)
(Apple iPod) 30GB Media Player (L)
Trip to New York City (4n @ Westin)
Ford Mustang (Std., ALB)(R)
BID$27,000
PRICE30,827
DIFF- 3,827
TOTAL$41,492

And, as usual, a scrum of about 30 rowdy guys crowds the stage for no good reason. One wishes they'd remain seated - save for two of them.

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6 (with 1 Bailout)

Total Winnings: $74,593

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/10/2007
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 03:08:27 PM »
Well this is a step up from yesterday's show.

Switch?---I called for a "SWITCH."  James said "NO SWITCH."  Sadly, my hunch was right.

Punch-A-Bunch---Christa was a fun contestant!! She breezed through the SPs--the first SP was a tricky one.
First punch=$500,  second punch $50 plus second chance $50-$100.
Third=$250 second chance plus $5,000!!  Nice payday: $5,250.
I would DEFINITELY have quit with that amount.

Ten Chances: Mark was nice, yet his playing was pretty agonizing.  Enough said.

SCSD 1: The big wheel shoots down Christa---tough break.

Coming or Going--Peanut Gallery says "COMING."  I said "GOING."  Donna says "GOING."  The Peanut Gallery DISAPPROVES!  Donna WON!!  Shame on you audience!!  Glad that Bob lectured the Peanut Gallery after Donna won--they deserved it.

Money Game---I also liked Matthew.  He won Money Game in a nice fashion.  It took him 3 tries to get the front.  The back end was a breeze---his hunch was my hunch (27).  $15,927 plus $33 cash.

Bullseye---Nice win by Edward!  3 cat foods=WIN!!

SCSD 2: Very close spinoff.  Tough break for Matthew.

Showcases: Nice bid by Edward!  $27,000 was my hunch too.  Mark garfed on the game room.  Edward is the big winner today with over $41,000 in prizes!  Nice stage storming too.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 03:29:01 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #219, Christa, AND #220, Mia! :-D

Punch a Bunch- $5,250... there's something you don't see won every day in this game.

Showcases- We saw that exact same showcase not too long ago! Weird.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Christa.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Decent show as we head into the break... Grade: 2

Offline FlipFlopper7769

• 4/10/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 03:33:41 PM »
-Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages! The tightly locked zipper on my mouth can finally come off, because today marked the airing of my episode! Yes, I am the one they called Matthew who played Money Game for a brand new 2007 Ford Focus S, and I must say, what a fantastic experience! To read the first part of my trip, CLICK HERE.

-This was an absolute fabulous show to be at, not just for its stellar second half, not just for the amount of energy that carried through the entire hour, not just for my getting on stage and winning a car, but for Bob Barker himself. Just being on the same stage with him was a complete honor and a dream come true. All of the staff was terrific, from the pages, including Chuck, who greeted us at 6:00 A.M. on that cold morning in January, to the production cast and crew who make the show possible each and every weekday! On to the behind the scenes stuff!

SWITCH??: I'd say a good 3/4ths of the audience strained their vocal cords by yelling switch on this one. During the break, Bob again welcomed us to the show and started to hunt out groups that had come.

ONE-BID #2: Here's the big one, my national TV debut! I had felt like my brain had left my body completely once I heard my name. $1600 for pictures? I'm sure anyone who has been in my position can understand why I bid what I did.

PUNCH-A-BUNCH: Christa was very nice and completely ecstatic after her big win on the Punchboard! She was almost in tears when Roger took her to "Winners Row" to start filling out paperwork.

TEN CHANCES: There are very few things that are more frustrating than watching a contestant who doesn't really know how to play Ten Chances in person. From my green chair I kept yelling and yelling $920, but to no avail. This was one time when the contestant COULD actually hear me! During the break, Bob made us all say "Sorry, Mark" on the count of three.

COMING OR GOING: By this point I was getting just a tad nervous in my seat, but this was an easy win as everyone agreed with Donna. Again, another very nice lady with her Minnesota group. Bob found more groups during the break, including a group of girls from Fresno who sat just a few rows away from us.

MY BIG MOMENT!!!: Hey Edward, if you are reading this, sorry about the one-up bud, but hey, we each got one! This entire experience, bidding correctly, going up on stage, winning a car, almost surreal. I absolutely KNEW that 27 was going to be the last two numbers, but I was unsure about the first two because I haven't seen a Focus on in a while. Roger was very, very cool after I had won and in the midst of my jumping told me to hang on while they shoot some extra footage. One of the girls led me to my seat and people I had met in line came down the aisle to give me a big hug and congratulate me. My sloppy handwriting on the paperwork can just about account for the excitement I felt. I just kept saying to myself over and over again, "I just won a car on The Price is Right!!!"

SCSD #2: I remembered that I had gone into a Spin-Off, but I plumb forgot how close I was to getting in the showcase! The wheel was extremely MASSIVE! Even though it looked like I spun it well, it was extremely heavy. I can see why so many people have trouble with the wheel after spinning it first hand!

All in all, what an absolutely amazing experience. I want to thank everyone once again for the best time I've ever had in my life, thanks to my dad for taking me to LA, and if you have any other questions for me about the show, feel free to ask. Oh, and Marc or John, isn't there a little decoration change in order for my avatar??!! :)
You can go ahead and call me "Mr. Money Game"!
I was on TPiR: Jan 8, 2007!  AIR DATE: Apr. 10, 2007!

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 03:41:21 PM »
Matthew, congrats on winning the Ford Focus!!!  You definitely deserved it.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »
Switch?: I thought Jim had won by leaving them alone.

Punch-a-Bunch: It's been a while since we've had two Second Chances revealed in the same game, and it's been a while since we've had a big win like today!

Ten Chances: Horrible playing.

SSD1: Grrr.......

Coming or Going: The audience knows nothing here, as Bob noted. And I knew Donna had won when she made her guess.

Money Game: Impressive win! Matthew zapped the last two numbers after wasting his first two picks!

Bullseye: Perfect second half!

Showcases: I was so glad that Edward won because of obvious reasons. The game room was a bit cheaper than normal.

Overall: Nice show today.

[color=CC0000]MOD NOTE: Bobbo says "Way to go! to FlipFlopper. - JC[/color]

Offline CharmedBoy

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 04:07:24 PM »
You know, I had a feeling Matthew was from g-r.net ... I don't know who else in their right mind would have picked '27' for the last two numbers of the car given the rest of the choices on the board.  :)  Good job.

In spite of an absolutely dismal playing of Ten Chances, Mark really did seem like a nice guy.  The price of the clock was a little tough, but nowhere nearly as tough as he made it out to be.  

Punch-A-Bunch was awesome today!!  Extra-close-up shots of the board (who knew there were those little shelves in the holes?!), a shot of the Dob himself, two second chances, and a very happy Christa at the end of the game.  I don't know if this playing truly made any history or not, but it was much fun to watch.

I'm sure Edward is a fine human being, but I really don't think he had a clue what was going on in Bullseye.  The audience pretty much played the game for him ... He almost redeemed himself in the showcase until his mob of friends came up to congratulate him and consequently started mugging for the camera.  Stupid kids.  :)

Maybe it's just because it's been a while since I've caught an episode where Gabi modeled ... but she's improved quite a bit since the last time I've seen her.  She's still no Janice, but she's not the flailing amateur she once was.  :)

Overall ... pretty entertaining show and fairly decent contestant selections.

--CB

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 04:16:51 PM »
Switch? - I havent seen it played first in a while

Punchabunch - That was a nice win.

Ten Chances - That was terrible!

CoG - Easy

Money game - Congradulations Matthew on winning a new car!

Bullseye - nice win.

Showcases - Mark had underbid by quite alot.

My Bids: $18,000/$1,285 | $30,000/$827

Grade: 7.5/10

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »
Switch: I would have switched as well.

PaB: Nice $5250 win by Christine.  

Ten Chances: Ugh..$295 on the clock?!  BOO!

CoG: I knew $4995 was correct.

MG: Well done Matthew, you deserve the car!  The last 2 seem to stick out like a sore thumb.

Bullseye: Nicely played by Mark on a relatively simple set-up.

SC1: $12K only covers the game room.  Nice bid by Mark.  I thought he would garf this as well.

Offline Geoffrey Weagraff

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 04:20:53 PM »
Hey, there's something Bob forgot to do during Punch-a-Bunch! He never looked in the last hole! I think this same thing happened last season. I wonder if they've permanently stopped doing that.

Offline holdme

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 04:25:02 PM »
Yes Matthew I have a question for you. Did Bob ever look into the last of the four holes Christa punched out in Punch a Bunch? It's been killing me to know whether or not it was the $10,000. It didn't happen on the air. Anyway $5,250 isn't bad at all.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 04:31:26 PM »
I think today's playing of Switch? was kind of easy to tell if the prices should be switched or not.  I don't think that most lawn tractors exceed $3,000.

I wonder why the cameras went to the Giant Price Tag a couple of seconds before the harps were played.  That was an excellent playing today, with $5,000+ won and the two second chances.  We got to see a nice shot of Roger, which is a plus.  A historical wrong by Bob, as two second chances have been found before in one playing.

Ten Chances was abysmal today.  I don't know why Mark wrote low guesses for the price of the clock, and it's a shame that the audience talked him into writing the wrong price for the clock on his last chance.

Coming or Going was easy today, and a price ending in 5 looks good enough.  I don't know what the peanut gallery was thinking today.

Matthew, congratulations on winning your new car!  You deserved it after picking "27" for the last two numbers.  No casual viewer in the right mind would ever think of picking that.  I hope you get your gold star and "TPIR Aluminus" rank soon!

It's nice to see Bullseye again, and Edward looked a bit shaky on stage.  Thankfully, the audience redeemed itself from Ten Chances and Coming or Going with a win.

I thought it was hilarious to see Lanisha tape Betty Braggart's mouth shut in the Showcase.  That game room must be super expensive!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 04:32:23 PM »
Switch: I knew those prices should've been switched.

Punch-A-Bunch: Christa did much better in the SPs than I did. I got 3 of them right though the first SP was tricky and the one that I got wrong. Good for her to punch 2 second chances and pocket in $5250.

Ten Chances: Boy were Mark's guesses bad. To make things even worse the peanut gallery disapproved Mark putting 9 as the first number. I would put 9 as the first number of the clock. I was right it was $920.

Coming Or Going: They done it again! The peanut gallery disapproved of a contestant's decision this time of going and once again they were wrong! Boo to you guys and yay for Donna  winning. You should be ashamed of yourselves! Bob had every right to punish you all for giving bad advise.

Money Game: To Matthew: Way to go on winning that car. I knew you pick 27. That was my pick as well. Starting with the lowest number left and boom you won.

Bullseye: Great playing by Edward for a perfect second half.

SS #2: I wanted Donna to win.

Showcases: I said $27,000 on the second showcase and what do you know Edward agrees with me and ends up being the big winner. The first showcase was a different story.

Mark's Showcase: $15,000/4,285.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 04:45:59 PM »
Hey Matthew (FlipFlopper), congratulations on winning a Ford Focus playing Money Game; your win will help me price them a little better in the future!  (hehehe...)  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 04:50:07 PM »
PG #1:  $3,021 for a lawnmower looked really out of place.  That should not have been lost.

One-Bid #2:  W00t!  FlipFlopper7769 gets called down!  :-D

PG #2:  That has to be an historic right.  I don't ever recall two "second chance" punches in one playing.  I'd hate to call $5,250 a loss in Punchy, but if I'm gonna lose Punchy, I want to lose it that way. :-)

PG #3:  $129 on the cereal dispenser!  :-D  Mark's playing was downright depressing... though that clock price was no walk in the park.

PG #4:  Easy.  But could somebody explain to me why the audience groaned at $4,995?

PG #5:  Oh yeah!  That's how you play Money Game when you're dealing with a car with PS/FP!  Congrats, Matthew!  And you even get a shot with the Dob, whom you've just stopped.  :-)

SC #1:  That bowling game and basketball game again?  Didn't we see those last week?  "STAGE GARF!"

My showcase bids:
Big Banana--$20,840
Mustang--$27,218
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16