Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/10/2007 (MG: 02/14/12007)  (Read 30973 times)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/10/2007
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 04:53:05 PM »
highbrowfurniture.com gives out some VERY PRICEY stuff and the clock was definitely one of them.  I agree with you wpghi that the clock looked $920.  I do have to throw Mark one bone however, I also noticed the Peanut Gallery disapproving Mark putting the 9 as the starting number a few times on the clock.  That definitely required an apology en masse and I'm glad that Bob made the audience apologize to Mark during the commercial break.

I also would have loved it if Bob made the audience apologize to Donna too...but oh well.  At least Bob lectured "THEM" and warned them that if they give out bad advice one more time, they have got to go.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 05:01:52 PM »
Great job Mathew! I missed Money game, but that doesn't matter, because YOU WON THE CAR!!!!! If I was in the same situation, I'd probably have to have some buckets to fill tears with! BTW Matthew, what was going through your mind when the bells went off for your money game win? If I was in the same situation as you, and if I won (it wouldn't matter what game I'd be playing), time would technically and litterally slow down to a complete stop!

Offline FlipFlopper7769

• 4/10/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 05:02:14 PM »
To answer your question Aaron23, no, Bob never showed us what was in that last hole. This was just one of the rare occasions where he may have just forgot.And Nathan, like I said before, it seemed that my brain completely left my body after I won. The sheer thrill and overwhelming emotion of winning was absolutely incredible! Thanks everyone for your comments! I'm so glad to be on a board with such nice guys and gals like you all! Thanks again!
You can go ahead and call me "Mr. Money Game"!
I was on TPiR: Jan 8, 2007!  AIR DATE: Apr. 10, 2007!

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 05:11:04 PM »
Guys, the Nelson sunflower clock from highbrowfurniture.com==the price increased to $965 from $920.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 05:19:20 PM »

FlipFlopper7769 wrote:

From my green chair I kept yelling and yelling $920, but to no avail. This was one time when the contestant COULD actually hear me!  

While I will never know how you felt when you won that car (and again, great job on that!), I know how this feels.  Happened to me at my first taping last September.  They played Pathfinder for the exact same $20,194 Caravan they had just given away on the show they aired the day before!    Sadly, no one other than me realized this, and the contestant wasn't interested in listening to some random guy in the front row.  :-/  

That's probably the main reason I was far more extroverted and went up and down the line talking to everyone my latest trip...I wanted Roger to feel my presence...in the pocketbook.  :lol:  (Did he?  Well, I'm certainly not gonna tell you now, am I?)

Once more, just in case you didn't catch it...congrats on winning the car!  I didn't see the show today because I was in class, but way to go dude.  I'll just have to live out my Dob-stopping dreams vicariously from people like you who have the charisma to get picked.  :-)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 05:37:56 PM »
I had a feeling Switch? probably wasn't going to be won.  Riding lawnmowers do have the apperance of being more expensive than a dinette.

I wish Bob had looked in the last hole in Punch a Bunch.  I was really curious as to what value the slip might have contained since it wasn't a corner.

Speaking of Punch a Bunch, I can't recall the last time $50 wasn't in a corner, yet the audiences still insist on every playing for the contestant to punch out the corners.  Do they honestly think Roger is that dumb?

You know, I'm not sure what was more pathetic:  Bob practically needing to give Mark the first number in the price of the clock, or that the number he was trying to give was wrong anyway.  Gosh, I'd love to see the ten second rule really enforced.  It amazes me that Ten Chances contestants don't catch on to the fact that every price ends in zero right after the first prize.

Matthew, I have to say you were easily the best contestant of the day.  Congratulations on your Money Game win!  I was disappointed that you didn't make it to the Showcase.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 07:08:27 PM »
Punch-a-Bunch-Wow, that's a really good win in this game finally.  It's not $10,000, but it will definitely do.  She got lots of punches, too.  I guess one of the biggest wonders will be what was in that last hole.  We will never know.

Ten Chances-It's really tough when you play this game and have absolutely no idea of the 0 rule; Mark said himself he didn't even know how to play the game.

Coming or Going-That was really easy.  No way that spa was going to be an oddball price of $5994.

Money Game-Wow Matthew; awesome win, man!

Cool, I can't wait for Friday's show.  According to the rerun schedule, we get to see Hit Me again!
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 07:53:51 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6655
Here we are, the show originally scheduled for Joker's 13th anniversary.

The hotties
heels wrote:
#219, Christa, AND #220, Mia!

They are actually #163 and #164 respectively.  The hotties of February 15-April 6, which are numbered #163-#218, are actually #165-#220.

Magnussen Biltmore Bedroom
Up to April 6, this show is by far the first and only appearance of that bedroom.

Showcase #1: The Game Room
Bowl-O-Rama - $5,595
Murrey Sacramento Pool Table - It's $3,800, and that was the price starting with November 8.  It is still being manufactured today.
Pop A Shot - $1,895
Yamaha Eurostyle Piano - $7,995

Showcase #2: Betty the Braggart
MP3 Player - $299
Trip to New York - $4,955
Ford Mustang - $25,595

And before we get to our modeling totals, I know that all February 14 episodes with references to "Valentine" cannot be rerun on CBS, not even in the summer.  But since this is a February 14 episode without any references to "Valentine", this episode is allowed to rerun in the summer.  2001 and 2005 were such examples.

Modeling Report Card for February 14, 2007

We have a fairly close match here.  Rachel and Lanisha ended up $724 apart.

On our way back to April 10...
Projected date for Gabrielle's 11th million:  May 2
Projected date for Lanisha's 12th million:  April 26

You have just seen three groceries and 26 prizes worth $123,509.

While you boys and girls are enjoying your break, I will be revising Brandi Sherwood's modeling totals.  She is currently in third place this season.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 08:50:50 PM »
Switch?: I thought he would've switched them, but my instincts were waylayed.

Punch: $5250 sounds like an interesting haul and far better than the group of $50 wins as of late.

10 Chances: Not his game.

CoG: Too easy and Bob sure let the audience have it. Funny as heck!!! :lol:  :hammer:

Money: Matthew, You showed everybody what your made of and let the DOB be damned for your great playing. :-) Congratulations and enjoy your new Focus!!!!

Bullseye: Very nice.

Showcases: MOB ALERT!!! Mustang showcase win leads to wild group madness on stage. Nobody is safe!!! :-P

A 3.50 star show.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 10:31:49 PM »
Happy Valentine's Day, every...er...Madonna, I guess.

Punch a Bunch has been pretty cold this season, so it was really nice to see Christina pull off a big win.

I'm not gonna say Mark played Ten Chances horribly -- his guesses were all reasonable, even when they were obviously wrong -- but honestly, it didn't seem like he was all there, especially when he started cheering upon losing the Showcase.

Congratulations on winning Money Game, Matthew!  I should have known something was up when your first guess for the last two numbers was 27.

Edward annoyed the hell out of me.  Actually, it wasn't Edward so much as his crew of buffoons in the audience who were booing his opponents during the Showcase Showdown.  I can't say I was all that glad to see him come out of the Showcase with a Mustang Convertible.  (And that goes even moreso now that I know who Matthew was!)

BobboChung wrote:

Showcases: I was so glad that Edward won because of obvious reasons.

You'll forgive me if it's not so obvious to me as it is to you.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 10:35:13 PM »
Punch-a-bunch:  Nice win after lots of $50 and $100 wins.  Two "Second Chances" also made this playing fun.

Ten Chances: Terrible playing by someone who doesn't know how to play the game.  I got the first two prizes right in one guess each.

Coming or Going:  Easy playing.  I don't see why the audience thought $5,994 was the right price.

SC1  My Bid: $15,125 / ARP: $19,285 / Diff: $4,160
SC2  My Bid: $24,880 / ARP: $30,827 / Diff: $5,947

Congratulations, Matthew!  Too bad you didn't make it to the Showcase.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 10:45:18 PM »

FlipFlopper7769 wrote:
Oh, and Marc or John, isn't there a little decoration change in order for my avatar??!! :)

There is, and done!  Congratulations, and best of luck with the car!

Marc

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007, 12:16:23 AM »
Switch?: Hmm, that cheapo lawnmower was abrewin' in my brain here. I probably would have switched them because of that foggy reason.

Punch-A-Bunch: I want that clock/radio phone. I definately would pay more than $15 for it. Also, I haven't seen a $5000 slip until now. "Don't do a Brian here! Take the $5250 and split!"

Ten Chances: This is one of a handful of games that I actually move up to the TV screen and watch. I really get into games where it seems the empty-headed players show their skill (Their gameplay, not the people themselves). I want to know how good Mark can be. At least he admitted he did not know how to play the game. I overlooked the price of that clock that I just saw not too long ago. So I went with 520 or 590. When those weren't it, I would've tried 920 or 950. It just got bad. Boy, a lot of us are red-faced a little.

Showcase Showdown 1: That ending was kinda abrupt. I know why.

Coming or Going: I used to think this is a very crapshooting game. Recently, some of the decisions are getting on the easy side. At first I thought with just a 4, it could be anything. Then when I saw the 5 and nines, I knew right then and there what to do.
The Peanut Gallery: (based on an recent election tagline) What ARE they thinking?? :-?

Now it has me thinking now: First, I guess you can almost imagine if those that waited all this time to be in the audience and then give bad advice, which may cause Bob to throw everybody out. Kinda makes you feel you almost blew it. Also, I began thinking some of the staff is looking for people who do not know much about the games. I hope I am surely doubting that.

Money Game: Ah, the top-n-bottom tactic. Nice.

One Bid 6: Ah, Mia's bidding. Not nice.

Bullseye: My first try was nine waters. Edward's three Rinaldis were certainly not going to do it. However, I thought he went too low again on the Cat Chow. I was wrong there. Barely made it.

Man, those guys sure look rowdy. It looks like they can do some damage on somebody and/or someone.

It just seems so great that one of our own gets to be called. I think there will be a few more in the next few months.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2007, 02:24:58 PM »
Pretty good show for a Tuesday. Very enjoyable, lots of fun moments along the way:

Punchy: Bout time we saw a nice payout in this game.

Ten Chances: Can you say trainwreck?

Coming or Going: E-A-S-Y. The peanut gallery sure didn't know what they were talking about.

Money Game: Congratulations Matthew on the new car. Outstanding playing.

SCSD#2: Aw, I was hoping Matthew would win this.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 11:43:56 AM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Switch? -- 1:24
Punch a Bunch -- 4:07
Ten Chances -- 3:44
Coming or Going -- 1:59
Money Game -- 1:19
Bullseye -- 2:56