Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/02/2006  (Read 15109 times)

Offline Vexorg

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/02/2006
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 08:04:47 PM »
Hmmm...  A couple of things stood out...

-Joyce's "I know how to play this!  Uh...  No wait, I actually don't" Check Game;

-A seriously nice playing of Pocket Change, on a freakin' random Mustang, no less;

-Taylor's 5PT playing:  "I know my Dumbo, and that one's true!" after which it turns out to be wrong.  Nice way to get Dobsmacked there;

-A nice little delayed reaction freak-out by Joellyn upon winning the showcase.

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 08:16:16 PM »
Clearance: Easy

Check: She was alot closer than I thought. Only 495 bucks over was a surprise considering she didnt know the game

Pocket: Very good playing and luck. Clearly this game is harder than the first few playings in 2005.

Hit me: What the hell was his problem?

Tags: Seems like we've had 2 of 4 only won in this game lately. I can't remember the last time somebody got 4 prizes right

Switch: Easy enough

Joellyn! She kinda looks like Phire if you ask me. You go girl!

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 09:14:21 PM »
Show #6396

Showcase #1
Juliana Greenhouse - $1,388
PrintPal Print Station, and it has appeared on the show for the first time.  Welcome to Price, PrintPal! - $1,020
Pontiac Grand Prix - $23,025

Showcase #2, brought to you by Globey from Pee-wee's Playhouse!

Magellan Explorist 210 GPS System & Software - $450
Trips to St. Thomas, VI, and those watching TPIR in St. Thomas are watching TPIR on WVXF Channel 17. - $4,148
Vienna, Austria - $5,486
Auckland, New Zealand - $11,653

Modeling Report for June 2, 2006
Score to beat: $73,798

Shane Stirling
Total - $12,249
Won - $7,808 (63.74%)
Lost - $4,441 (36.26%)
Record - 6-1

Phire Dawson
Total - $50,738
Won - $10,257 (20.22%)
Lost - $40,481 (79.78%)
Record - 5-6

Brandi Sherwood
Total - $61,414
Won - $56,816 (92.51%)
Lost - $4,598 (7.49%)
Record - 8-2

At the end of week #364K (sans Monday's show)
High - $73,798 (Brandi Sherwood, Wednesday)
Low - $12,249 (Shane Stirling, Friday)

All 26 prizes today totaled $120,213!

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 09:43:44 PM »
Hey anonymous, who are you? And glad to see that Fireball and Frank agree with me about Joellyn! You dudes got game for sure!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2006, 09:48:09 PM »
Sigh.  Guess people don't read my posts.

Earlier, Frank15 quoted:
quadrupleplay, who's going anonymous now for some reason, wrote:  [Unimportant]

Oh yes, and whinny, yay for Globey!  Good Globey, too.  I never liked the makeover he got later on.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 10:13:01 PM »
Cassidy was a little strange, but there's no doubt in my mind that his enthusiasm was genuine.  He also played a hard game of Pocket ¢hange very well.

I would really like to know what was going through Joyce's head when she tried to explain Check Game.  Most people who get it wrong at least have some kind of incorrect-but-logical rule system in mind; she just seemed to be pulling numbers out of her hind end.

Hit Me was interesting, if nothing else; it was nice to see someone who actually had the guts to make four draws (and it almost got him a win, too -- he was clearly considering the Garlique before he picked the cookies).

Taylor bugged me.  It's not that I think his excitement wasn't genuine; it's that despite it, he still seemed to be trying to show off.  At least he played Five Price Tags pretty well.

Alexandru's reactions during the Showcase were hilarious.  When the trip to New Zealand was revealed, you could hear him shout, "they just keep coming!"  It's just a shame he made such a ridiculously low bid on it (although considering how close Joelynn was, it might not have mattered anyway).

OneDollarBob wrote:

Glad they used "Cats" for Clearance Sale instead of one of those yucky new cues.

I disagree...I thought The Cats sounded totally out of place.

And for what it's worth, when a member "goes anonymous", it means he's been banned.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 10:17:23 PM »
Clearance Sale: Yeah, the reveal was dull, and the playing was easy.

Pocket Change: Wow!  I was glad Cassidy played it almost flawlessly, despite the EVIL price.

Check Game: I had a feeling the the hot tub would be $3495. I was right, which made me realize Joyce lost the game immediately.

Hit Me: ICK!  This game ran just as long as molasses going down the ramp.  Donald's choices weren't smart.

Five Price tags: Call me crazy, but I was glad to see Taylor not win.  I knewe the DVD was false and the basketball cooker was correct.  That, and showing off in contestant's row got old real quick.

Switch: I would have left them alone as well.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 11:35:29 PM »
Pocket Change was flippin' surreal.  Possibly the best PC win of the season.

Joyce gets bonus points for asking questions.  Questions are good and make you look remotely intelligent.

Today's ATW Showcase actually had decent locations this time around, instead of the bizzare locations nobody goes to.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2006, 12:09:47 AM »
Clearance Sale: The safe was a no-brainer, and the guitar looked cheaper.

Pocket Change: Nice work, Cassidy.  :-D  :-D  I was sure it would be $29K.  I gave up about half way through the game because I was so humiliated.  :-P

Check Game: And you thought she did bad in the end...she was going to write to write it for $8000.  :-P How in the heck did she think she could win if the check was for more than the total limit?!?

Hit Me: There's a difference between knowing the rules of the game and knowing how to play well, but I think Donald knew neither.  

5 Price Tags: Taylor was a bit of a showoff.  When he said "I know my Dumbo", he made himself look like Dumbo.

Switch: I figured it was a stay day.

Overall: We got a lot of clueless people today, but Cassidy's super work in Pocket Change makes up for it.

Offline Vexorg

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2006, 01:24:21 AM »
Are you sure about the $450 price on the GPS?  I think that's a little bit high.  My mom has one of them, and the GPS itself retails for $180.  If both US and European map software was included that would be $250 more, but that still leaves the price a bit low.

(Link: http://www.magellangps.com/products/product.asp?segID=355&prodID=1267)

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2006, 12:51:31 PM »
Ok, Cassidy, player of the day, but JOELLYN for hottie of the day. Is that good enough for you people? Wow, what a crowd, what a board! :-)

EDIT: Isn't the Mustang in Friday's PC the same one that has been lost twice in Triple Play this season?

Frank 15 wrote:
What does writing checks in real life have to do with knowing how to play Check Game ?

Got overdraft on the account, eh?

Offline andrew bennett

• Outside in Line
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2006, 03:22:25 PM »

Frank15 wrote:

**snipped for long content**

quadrupleplay, who's going anonymous now for some reason, wrote:  check game: difficult. i personally thought it was $2995, because rich said it was a "spa" at first. hot tubs are more expensive.

oh, no! how was i posted as anonymous? :oops:
something's wrong, as my password didn't work. i then had to get a new one and change it back, and THEN post this.

i thought the same things about hit me. (i even thought he was going for the garlique once.) i did know the pamprin was $6.99 from grand game a while back.