Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/02/2006  (Read 15060 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/02/2006
« on: June 02, 2006, 01:55:59 PM »
Production #3645K - Taped May 30, 2006 (Late)

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Shane

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Chetta B

1  Golden West Pool Table (B&P)
DEANNE 1275   DONALD 1500   CASSIDY 1850   JOELYNN *2000   ($3000)

Joelynn goes to a CLEARANCE SALE

(1) ESP MH400NT Electric Guitar (S)      $ 599  $ 849
(3) Riverside Harmony Dining Group (B)    1000   1149
(2) Heritage Freestanding Sale (P)        1300   2097   WIN!

2  Pfaltzgraff Sedona Dinnerware/Capzasin P (S)
+Deanne 1100   +Donald 1400   +Cassidy *1   TAYLOR 999   ($917)

Cassidy, a Beach Bum from San Diego, CA, plays POCKET ¢HANGE for a Ford
Mustang V6 Conv. (Std., AT, Alarm, WheelLock, Prot)(B)

1.              2
2.  .25  14679  4  X
3.  .50         6  *  ( 9)  .00  .25
4.       14 79  9  *  (13)  .50  .75   WIN!
5.       14 7   7  *  ( 6)
6.       14     4  *  (17)

3  (Dell) Laptop Computer (B&S)
+Deanne 1201   +Donald *1202   JOYCE *780   Taylor 1200   ($1188)

Joyce plays CHECK GAME for a Beachcomber Hot Tub (P)

Check:  $3000
Price:   3495
Total:  $6495   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$ 1,188   Joyce     20 + 85    OV
  7,095   Joelynn  100       1.00  *$1000*  Bonus 75   Through to Showcase Round
 27,931   Cassidy   95 + 85    OV

4  Stamina Pilates Machine (P)
+Deanne 500  +Donald *550   ALEXANDRU 400   Taylor 475   ($830)

Donald, another Beach Bum (quit pickin' em, Stan!) plays HIT ME for a
Vaughan-Bassett Night & Day Bedroom Group and a Tempurpedic Sleep Set (S)($4441)

(2) Tums Smoothies (60)                     15.96  $3.99   4h   4
(5) (Dole) Pineapple Slices (15 oz)         17.90   1.79   Qd  14
(6) Pamprin All Day (24)                     6.99   6.99   As  15
(4) (Nabisco Chips Ahoy!) Cookies (snack)    1.10    .55   2c  17  Stays...

(1) Clorox Bath Wand                        79.92
(3) Garlique Supplement (30)                53.94

House Hand:  (Kc) Qc - 20   LOSS

5  (GE Profile) 30" Electric Range (S)
+Deanne 1   RENAISA 850   Alexandru 900   Taylor *1500   ($1999)

Taylor plays 5 PRICETAGS for a Ford F150 (Std., AT)(P)

(2) $21,985 NO   Dell DJ DIddy MP3 Player  $125  FALSE  $99  *
    $18,919      Disney's "Dumbo" DVD        19  TRUE    30
    $20,469      Batter Dispenser            36  TRUE    36  *
(1) $22,720 NO   (Pro Pots) Slow Cooker      12  FALSE   12
   >$19,805<     LOSS

Sometimes it's best not to recall bad things, especially when they happen so
soon. In Deanne's case, a bad thing may be approaching. She's facing banishment
to the "First Four" Breakfast Club, and membership is one bad bid away. Can she
stave off a horrid memory that will last a lifetime?

6  "The Dink" 8' Row/Sailboat
+Deanne 1100   Renaisa 1301   Alexandru *1302   JULIE 1300   ($1795)

Deanne heads off to the clubhouse while Alexandru plays SWITCH?

(Adams) Golf Equipment (B)        $1345     NO     $1345
Palecek Havana Chair/Ottoman (P)  $2942   SWITCH   $2942   WIN!

BETTY WHITE SEMI-MEMORIAL "JUST MEN" SHOWDOWN #2
$  830   Donald      55 +100    OV
 2,135   Taylor      10 + 40   .40
 6,082   Alexandru   75 stay   .75   Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND
Joelynn has the honor.

SC1-Joelynn   IDA THE INTERN (S)
BID   $24,500   Juliana Greenhouse (P)
PRICE    25,433   PrintPal Print Station
DIFF      -933   Pontiac Grand Prix (Std., BlkHtr)(B)
TOTAL   $33,528   

SC2-Alexandru   Magellan Explorist 210 GPS System
BID   $13,000   Trip to St. Thomas (6n @ Marriott)(B),
PRICE    21,737   Vienna (6n @ Regina)(P), and
DIFF    -8,737   Auckland (6n)(B&P)

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $71,694

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/02/2006
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 01:56:15 PM »
Clearance Sale- Wow! The moment that Joelynn put the sale price on the guitar, safe, and dinette set I had a feeling she had won.

Pocket Change- Probably one of the best playing I've seen in pocket change. Not number one but defenitly one of the best.Cassidy was a joy to watch.

Check Game- Joyce had absolutly no clue what she was doing up there. The moment that Joyce wrote the check for $3000 dollars there was no doubt in my mind she had lost.

Hit Me-  ouch! A tough break there.

5 Price Tags- Ouch! The moment that Taylor chose 21 dollar tags I had a feeling he had lost.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 02:10:07 PM »
Clearance Sale: Pretty easy.

Pocket Change: Given this same convetible was won a few weeks ago with the same price, it's not too surprising Cassidy did so well!

Check Game: Tough. You didn't really know whether to write $2,000 or $3,000, given spas seem to be tough to price nowadays. I would have choosed the former option.

IUFB4: I thought Taylor had won a $500 bonus after his comment on bidding $475.

Hit Me: I thought we were going to have our first player bust in a long time. It would have been kinda sweet, but oh well...

5 Price Tags: The small prizes were trickier than pricing the truck. To be honest, I would have gotten only one of them right. I knew what the truck was ($19,805). Will somebody please tell the script people that the F-150 offered at $19,805 just has standard equipment only, and NOT automatic transmission as well?

Switch?: Easy. $2,942 looked way too much for the golf clubs.

Showcases: Winning the first showcase was pretty easy. Joelynn's bid on it was right in my ballpark.

Overall: Good show today.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 02:10:40 PM »
Friday, June 2, 2006

Pokcet Change- Nice. Can't do it much better than that.

Check Game- Once again, someone who doesn't know how to play this game. On top of that, she got the rules totally wrong. Very frustrating.

Hit Me- That was slow and painful to watch. I have no clue why the audience was cheering when he stopped at 17.

Five Price Tags- Taylor continues to get on my nerves. Every time he says he's right, he's wrong. He's just making a total fool of himself.

Bidding Round #6- #224, Julie! :-D

Showcase- Major lowball on the trips. Those things can be cheap sometimes, but not that cheap.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Cassidy.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Yet another fun show. TPIR has certainly turned it around lately... Grade: 3

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 02:12:30 PM »
One-Bid #1 - Joelynn!  :-P

PG #1 - "The Cats" for Clearance Sale was interesting.  I'll bet Roger wasn't counting on anybody to think that the safe would be more expensive than the dinette.  Did anybody else besides me notice that the dinette's ARP didn't have a comma?

PG #2 - Pocket for a Mustang convertible for the second time in a row.  Wow!  Cassidy knows his Mustang prices!  He is indeed a LFAT... and I'm glad that he won that car.

PG #3 - Hot tub + Check Game = disaster, regardless of whether the contestant knows how to play the game or not

PG #4 - Yay!  Half Off cue!  :-P  I don't think Donald paid any attention to those prices.  He just randomly picked products.

PG #5 - Another back-to-back GP/SP day.  Tags was not the SP game I was expecting today.

PG #6 - Tough call either way.  Neither of those prizes looked like they were worth $2,942... but the chair did look less unreasonable.

Showcases - Yay!  The hottie won it all today!  :-D  :-D  :-D

My bids - Car:  $25,450.  (OUCH!  Over by $17!)  FRATWS:  $20,000.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 02:17:11 PM »
Clearance Sale: Not much to explain. It was a simple cakewalk. If anything, it would be between the guitar and the dining group.

Pocket ¢hange: Sure Cassidy played well, but I still had that feeling he could still lose with .00s and .05s. But I was pretty sure he's won this.

Check Game: Wow. Joyce was lost about this game. Nonetheless, she did play ok, but still lost not by much.

Hit Me: I know it's wrong to argue against the most magnificient M.C. there is, but in my opinion, Donald did not  play the game well.

Five Price Tags: Taylor was doing pretty good. He says he knows his prices well, such as the Dumbo DVD, which I said he was "Dumb" for that. I know we shouldn't degrade our contestants, but there was no way a brand new Disney DVD would cost $19, probably not even a brand new Disney VHS. However, I was thinking the price would be around the $20K range. We were both wrong on that.

Deanne, the Georgia Peach (per her shirt), pitted her way out of Contestant's Row on her way to the House, where it's always the pits there.

Switch?: I did not want to switch the price of the golf clubs, but I did want to switch the price of the chair/ottoman because I thought it was too much. "Maybe I should leave them alone...."
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline OneDollarBob

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 02:27:06 PM »
Glad they used "Cats" for Clearance Sale instead of one of those yucky new cues. The setup was fairly easy I thought, and Joelynn was one of my favorite contestants for the day. Happy she won.

Pocket Change was played very well, almost *too* well. If Bob had opened the .50 envelope first, it would have been such a predictable reveal. It always seems like those envelopes get mixed up by the time Bob starts opening them--but he does open them in order, right?

My general strategy for Check Game is just to write the check for $2,500 and you will win 90% of the time. Okay, that's not a strategy. But it would have worked for Joyce today.

Donald's playing of Hit Me was infuriating. He never once looked at the prices or considered the products. I got the feeling he thought it was just random what card was behind what product, and that he was just playing blackjack without any regard for Hit Me as an actual pricing game. And he listened to the audience too late--picking the 10 and the Ace products after he'd already screwed up with the awful Tums choice. Ugh. Today's Hit Me was such a gimme, too. What a shame.  Bob totally sugar coated it when he said Donald played well.

Taylor's behavior was so annoying. Most of his comments during the One Bids and 5 Price Tags were uneccessary. He was almost as obnoxious as those two idiots in the yellow shirts that sat next to Contestant's Row on yesterday's ep. I loved how he was psyching himself out with his own false enthusiasm and failed at getting Bob to reciprocate a high-five.

I can't believe they actually make $3000 wicker chairs. I also couldn't believe that the golf clubs could be $3000. Was like Sophie's Switch?.

I loved the second showcase, tying in the three trips with a GPS system. I also liked that it wasn't a Nothing But Furniture, which is what one expects to see after a trailer/boat/car showcase.

A lukewarm show today.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 02:48:48 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Clearance Sale -- 2:21
Pocket ¢hange -- 3:58
Check Game -- 2:28
Hit Me -- 4:09
Five Price Tags -- 3:44
Switch? -- :59

Clearance Sale: Wow...The reveal for this game was really anticlimactic today!

Offline andrew bennett

• Outside in Line
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 03:09:01 PM »
clearance sale: easy today.
pocket change: finally we have a good player! i knew the 4 was last, because of all the fords we have been seeing.
check game: difficult. i personally thought it was $2995, because rich said it was a "spa" at first. hot tubs are more expensive.
hit me: this guy is clueless! i knew the pamprin and pineapple would be a blackjack.
fpt: i would have got all four sps right based on previous knowledge, and picked the ones he picked, followed by the $19,805.
switch?: easy today. there were not that many golf clubs in the package, and chairs and ottomans are expensive.
showcases: $13,000? i knew alexandru had lost. i would have guessed $25k for the grand prix (difference of $433) and $21,600 for around the world (difference of $137, DSW!!!! :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D)

Online Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 04:34:46 PM »
Yay for Bob pointing out how anti-climactic Clearance Sale's price reveal is :lol:!  I loved it!

It will always annoy me when a contestant claims to know a pricing game, like Donald did with Hit Me, then go on to prove he has absolutely no idea what he's doing.  The 10 was obviously the pineapple, and the ace was obviously either the cookies or the Pamprin.  The Tums was obviously neither, yet he chose that first, anyway, getting a 4.  Now that he needed a 6, it was time to look at the other products in the top row, and pick the one that would most likely be a 6--the Garlique.  Instead he ignores that, and picks the pineapple, which is obviously 10.  OK, he could still pick the Garlique to win!  But no, he picks the Pamprin for the ace, putting him at 15, and at this point he could still win by just picking the stupid Garlique for a 6!  But no, he stupidly goes for the cookies!  At which point I was hoping he'd still go on just to see him bust, since it's probably been over a decade since a contestant lost Hit Me by busting.  Would've been so much cooler than the regular Hit Me loss we got.

As opposed to Joyce, who was very enjoyable.  For one, I like when a contestant can admit they have no idea what they're doing, and for two, Check Game is actually more fun when such a contestant plays it:  like it or not, folks, that's part of Check Game's charm!

I would have lost Five Price Tags, except that I remembered the mp3 player being $99 on Game Show Marathon the other day.  So while I won playing at home, I would have lost had I been the contestant playing when this was taped.

Still though, yay Five Price Tags!  Gotta' enjoy whenever it pops up!

And yay for Ida the intern!  I bet interns everywhere wish they could take over like that!

heelsrule1988 voted for:  Bidding Round #6- #224, Julie! :-D

But BRB_TheFireball voted for:  One-Bid #1 - Joelynn! :-P

Sorry heels.  Fireball wins here.

quadrupleplay, who's going anonymous now for some reason, wrote:  check game: difficult. i personally thought it was $2995, because rich said it was a "spa" at first. hot tubs are more expensive.

Uh... aren't spas and hot tubs the same thing?

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 05:16:26 PM »
Today's show was about average.

Cassidy played Pocket ¢hange very well.

I didn't like that Donald said he knew how to play Hit Me, because he turned out to not play it well at all. All of his choices weren't very smart.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 06:14:53 PM »
Pathfinder2119 wrote:
I didn't like that Donald said he knew how to play Hit Me, because he turned out to not play it well at all.

Donald had trouble with cutting the cards.  Anyone who has trouble with the cut usually doesn't understand the game in general.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 06:40:07 PM »

heelsrule1988 voted for:  Bidding Round #6- #224, Julie! :-D

But BRB_TheFireball voted for:  One-Bid #1 - Joelynn! :-P

Frank15 wrote:
Sorry heels.  Fireball wins here.

Thanks, Frank!  Nice to know that I out-hunted the hottie hunter today.  :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline m724493

• In the Audience
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 06:56:50 PM »
Check Game- Joyce had absolutly no clue what she was doing up there. The moment that Joyce wrote the check for $3000 dollars there was no doubt in my mind she had lost.

I'll bet she doesn't handle the checkbook at home!... she had to be told by Bob how to write the check! :lol:

Online Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 07:05:05 PM »
What does writing checks in real life have to do with knowing how to play Check Game :-P?