Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/24/2018  (Read 8330 times)

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 1/24/2018
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 10:04:03 PM »
The was the most hilarious and frightening thing to happen on The Price is Right in recent years. Full stop. I was laughing and concerned at the same time. I feel like all the hugging and lifting is fine because for the most part, contestants know how much they can handle, but I think it's inconsiderate to hang onto Drew expecting him to hold them because they don't know if Drew can handle it or is ready for it. Glad everything ended up okay.

Speaking of, those lights must be designed to give away easily, since Amber broke that one a few seasons ago and wasn't hurt.
Amber was lucky not to be hurt. The lights around the doors are actual bulbs and Amber shattered one.

The lights around the stage's edge seem to be some LED light inside of a plastic ball, similar to what's on top of a Playstation Move controller (as a friend aptly described). There have been numerous instances of contestants grabbing, pressing down on, pushing, and knocking down those lights as they make their way on stage and look for something to hold as a railing. Those lights do indeed seem to be designed to easy be jostled and roughly treated because of where they're located.

The shuffling of weeks is weird, but it's nice that we can see some of these somewhat rare games so soon.

I'm starting to get sick of contestants overpricing that tiny hair trimmer and the copper sleeve. One is small enough to fit in my pocket and the other one is a sleeve. A. Sleeve. Sigh.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 11:09:47 PM »
Luckily Drew appears to be fine after being taken to the ground today. If not for the light border he could've definitely fallen off the stage. First George with the treadmill and now this.

Offline SanAnMan

• In Contestant's Row
  • Always look on the bright side of life.
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 09:19:47 AM »
Drew should be able to handle being taken down, after all, he is a member of the WWE Hall of Fame.  :-)

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 01:46:47 PM »
Drew should be able to handle being taken down, after all, he is a member of the WWE Hall of Fame.  :-)
Celebrity wing.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2018, 06:30:58 PM »
Drew's fall didn't feel like fun vs the other bloopers over the years.  Also, I can't believe this show is offering $13,000 cars in 2018.  Am I the only one that feels this way?  Roger always avoided the really cheap cars because he didn't want the show to look cheap.  Why are the trips to Europe $12k and Cars are $13/$14K?  Also, have you noticed that in PtB the car hides behind #1 and #6 a lot?  Again, contestants seem to avoid the ends and pick #'s in the middle and the show counts on that. 

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 01:33:29 PM »
The was the most hilarious and frightening thing to happen on The Price is Right in recent years. Full stop.

There was nothing hilarious about this at all.  There's no reason for these over-caffeinated to throw Drew to the ground and then act like they didn't do anything out of the ordinary.  Perhaps this will cause the producers to look over their selection process again.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 02:07:41 PM »
There was nothing hilarious about this at all.  There's no reason for these over-caffeinated to throw Drew to the ground and then act like they didn't do anything out of the ordinary.  Perhaps this will cause the producers to look over their selection process again.

I think if Drew had a serious problem with that, then he'd keep away a little more. It was an accident. Most of us found it funny. He found it funny when he got up.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 02:27:31 PM »
You must have seen a different version of it than I did.  Aside from smiling a bit uneasily, he certainly didn't laugh like he does when he finds things funny.  But, I guess, one man's funny is another man's obnoxious, so I'll leave it at that.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 02:37:47 PM »
You must have seen a different version of it than I did.  Aside from smiling a bit uneasily, he certainly didn't laugh like he does when he finds things funny.  But, I guess, one man's funny is another man's obnoxious, so I'll leave it at that.

It's been 2 weeks. I remember him smiling after. He seemed a bit uneasy, but I think he laughed it off.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]