Author Topic: Most Played Pricing Games  (Read 1556 times)

Offline bhvictory

• In Contestant's Row
Most Played Pricing Games
« on: February 09, 2018, 10:42:24 AM »
Hi, does anyone have a list of most played pricing games since September 1972, including how many times they have been played?

Any Number seems to feature in most episodes I've watched on YouTube these past few weeks.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Re: Most Played Pricing Games
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:05:34 AM »
TPiRStats has a table of all the pricing games and their number of playing at http://tpirstats.com/Other/AllSeasons.html

According to the table, Double Prices has been played the most, followed by Most Expensive. Despite being the first game played, Any Number is only the third most played.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline bhvictory

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »
TPiRStats has a table of all the pricing games and their number of playing at http://tpirstats.com/Other/AllSeasons.html

According to the table, Double Prices has been played the most, followed by Most Expensive. Despite being the first game played, Any Number is only the third most played.

Thanks for this.

Offline TPIRZippy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 09:07:22 PM »
Interesting looking at the number of playings per season for Double Prices the huge dip in Season 19 (only 5 playings), and then seeing Gallery Game being played 24 times that season.  Never realized Gallery Game was played that many times, or how many appearances it seems to have taken from Double Prices!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 10:18:03 PM »
I'm not sure that really had anything to do with Gallery Game -- I think Roger was just actively trying not to play Double Prices.  If you look at the calendars for 18 and 20, you'll see there's a span of nearly two years, starting in the middle of February 1990 and running through the end of 1991, where it was only played 10 times.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TPIRZippy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 01:12:00 AM »
I'm not sure that really had anything to do with Gallery Game -- I think Roger was just actively trying not to play Double Prices.  If you look at the calendars for 18 and 20, you'll see there's a span of nearly two years, starting in the middle of February 1990 and running through the end of 1991, where it was only played 10 times.

No cause/effect necessarily implied, but the correlation sure is striking.  No other season comes in at a single-digit number of playings.  Although the trend around the time was indeed less Double Prices.  I wonder in a parallel universe where Gallery Game was never played, would Double Prices have had the dip in playings?