Author Topic: TPiR taping questions  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Chrisrails

• Outside in Line
TPiR taping questions
« on: February 11, 2018, 04:17:07 PM »
I have tickets to see The Price is Right in two weeks and it is my first time.  I have been watching for 40 years, I'm so excited! 

Questions:
1. I have tickets for a 9am taping, what time will be I be getting out?  There are other things in LA I would like to see.  I don't think I'll be there all day because there is is an afternoon taping after that.
2. If I have priority tickets and my friends just got general admission tickets and if we check in together will we be able to sit together?  Do priority people go to a different line?
3. I'm staying down the road from CBS.  I'm I able to check in super early, get my number, go back to the hotel, and come back when I'm supposed to be there?  Or, once I check in do I have to stay there?
4. I see pictures of people with the big wheel.  Do they still do souvenir photos?
5. Does CBS do any VIP tours for super Price geeks that want to see where all the games are stored, the prize dungeon, behind the turntable, the millions of price signs they use for all the games, the sound effects keyboard, control room, etc.?

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: TPiR taping questions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 08:58:19 PM »
Hi Chrisrails,
In response to your questions...
1. If your ticket says 9am it is most likely arrival time not taping time.  You'll probably be done in the range of about 1:30 pm IIRC.  If you're lucky enough to get picked count on another 30-45 minutes to do paperwork.
2. They will put priority and general in a different line.  If you all get into the taping (general is not guaranteed) I would suspect if there's not too many between your two groups you could ask the OCA staff when you get into the studio to sit together.
3. They'll start processing with you at 9am and pretty much you're in line for the experience until it's done.  Which is tons of fun anyway!
4. They do souvenir green screen photos.  One image is in front of the big doors, one is you with the wheel.
5. No VIP tours although if you do get picked they lead you through the backstage area for a bit before taking you to sign paperwork.  I remember this vaguely as my head was spinning after the show was done having been part of it!

Have a great time! It truly is a wonderful experience.
Ryan.

Offline Chrisrails

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:32:31 PM »
Ryan-
Thank-you so much, that helps a lot!

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 05:23:20 PM »
My pleasure! Have a great time!
Ryan.

Offline tpir2002

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 05:45:07 PM »
If you're at the 1st show, you may be able to go to the 2nd show that day too if it's not full. I would definitely check with CBS page after the 1st taping. Double your chances, I've been able to do that on occasion.

Good luck!! You'll have the time of your life there!!

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 10:47:11 PM »
If you're at the 1st show, you may be able to go to the 2nd show that day too if it's not full. I would definitely check with CBS page after the 1st taping. Double your chances, I've been able to do that on occasion.

Hmm, I thought you weren't allowed to attend both tapings in one day (in case you get selected to come on down).
I could be wrong, but I'm just going by what I've read...
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 10:15:28 PM »
I thought you weren't allowed to attend both tapings in one day (in case you get selected to come on down).

How would that affect things?  Certainly, the staff would know you were already selected as a contestant and wouldn't consider you for the second taping, but that shouldn't affect your ability to sit in the audience.

Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 01:12:46 PM »
How would that affect things?  Certainly, the staff would know you were already selected as a contestant and wouldn't consider you for the second taping, but that shouldn't affect your ability to sit in the audience.

Perhaps a timing issue (since you'd have to go do the paperwork if you were called down for the first show, would that take enough time to not allow you to get settled in for the 2nd in time?).

Seems like it may have been more that they wanted to allow as many as possible to get tickets being the reason why they wouldn't give them to you (in advance) for both shows on one day.  However, once the first show was already taping and they have an idea of how many are coming in for the second, it makes sense to offer empty seats to those already there to fill up the spaces.