Author Topic: Big Money Week 2018 promo (possible spoilers)  (Read 1992 times)

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: Big Money Week 2018 promo (possible spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 11:44:48 PM »
I'm not going to spoil what is inside this trailer (That's what the discord is for), but still,  :-o . I am honestly afraid to learn about what day is going to go to which Big Money game.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: Big Money Week 2018 promo (possible spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 01:06:29 AM »
Spoiler

So they showed Million Dollar Plinko with a $200K slot, plus announced a new daytime TPIR record. Golly gee, how about that.
I like Big Money Week, but each year I still roll my eyes at Million Dollar Plinko. I get that they want me to cream my pants at the prospects of somebody hitting the $200,000 slot, but I really can’t bring myself to really care. It’s not like the contestants had to take some great risk, or perform some tough test of pricing knowledge to earn it. Hitting center slot is still about as impressive a feat as it is any other time the game is played. I just can’t get excited over it. Especially since they’ve tried it so many times now.
Congratulations to the eventual record-breaking winner, whomever they may be and whatever game they end up playing. But if what I think happened ends up happening, I hope the show does the inevitable media tour, says “It finally happened! Mission Accomplished!”, and takes the opportunity put Million Dollar Plinko to pasture next year now that it’s lived out it’s usefulness.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."