Author Topic: CSS Results -- 2 June 2006 (Quarterfinals)  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Gatorman

• Double Showcase Winner
CSS Results -- 2 June 2006 (Quarterfinals)
« on: June 02, 2006, 02:39:56 PM »
Forget the around-the-world showcase. It all boiled down to that Grand Prix. Only a $2,800 difference between the lowest and highest bids. In the end, all it took was an overbid from four players—one from each matchup.

In the end, the overbids hurt JordanAR18 and NCC-2000 the most. Had they stayed under they would have picked up a guaranteed win.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: CSS Results -- 2 June 2006 (Quarterfinals)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 02:43:52 PM »
Wow. I had no idea that the other losers today had more tragic overbids than me on the car. I didn't think that was possible. Other than that, not much more to say...

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 02:48:54 PM »
Something to keep in mind for next year: Ludwig is the only remaining player from the points side (2 made it to the quarters)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 02:57:52 PM »
Interesting. Money rules, apparently. That reminds me, though- congratulations Ludwig; glad the slipper still fits for you. :-)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 03:01:47 PM »
As he's one of my best friends, I'm glad Ludwig made semifinals. But I don't want to play against him! Not just because I don't want to slaughter him (heheheh) or vice-versa, but because we often bid VERY close to each other. So, whoever wins, it's going to be a close race.

::crosses swords with Ludwig and puts on a calculator holster, like they used to have on Mathnet on Square One TV::
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 08:32:42 PM »
WOW WOW  So SO much to say..

first on Joe's interesting note-- you know one would THINK this might be the other way around -- that the POINTS players are the ones with perhaps consistency on their side and maybe SOME Money folk   have flash in the pan glories ( a playful snark to the departing Heels,  but a fine perf. nonetheless for getting here and all ) -- but then again since many folks like Willy and Price fan are BOTH money and points stars-- maybe none of this matters at all. :) ( I WILL get to that in my sum up point :) )

-- 2nd of all thank you all TONS for the shocked Cgts-- no one is more shocked than me-- I figured i'd do  "OK" today and my only chance was for willy to overshoot ( i.e. to willy) -- but I had no idea if he overshot it would be by a BuddyTomming -- a truly valiant effort-- though I wish he had said his bids and Gator wouldn't have made us LAST -- the suspense was rather overhwhelming today :)

--3rd of all  I would like to posit  that I join my name as a verb for next year. :)

BuddyTomming-- going over by a small/DSW amount
Garfing-- way under
Willying-way over

How about next year say a moderate performer or newbie, suddenly beats someone who is a resident expert?  Oh wow.. xxxx-- you beat PFan and Forrest by 11.17 points today.. wow.. you really LUDWIGGED :)  Yes, maybe my name can be for giant-killing out of nowhere. :)  Just a thought.

And 4th and my sum up --
 Just like indeed in NCAA and such -- this game is so unpredictable with trips and boats and other Dob-bing insanities that in one on one heads up --anyone indeed can beat ANYONE in a given moment-- that's why this is so exciting. George Masons can be Conns and god Knows whos and yes, solid but not superstar garffing Ludwigs can beat a Pf985-- and a Willy. :)   And yes,  I don't mind playing my dear dear Buddytom- I consider that I am REMOTELY this far at all a win. and That if we play together I know ONE of us goes to finals.  ALl that said, thank you everyone for all the kudos and such.  Carry on. :)

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 11:19:40 PM »
It's something to look at, anyway.  If something similar happens during next year's playoffs, then we should look to maybe a revamp, since I think this format kinda does favor the Money players.