Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 2/22/2018 (TPiR Season 46 Big Money Week: Day IV: All Cash)  (Read 6336 times)

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 2/22/2018 (TPiR Season 46 Big Money Week: Day IV: All Cash)
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 08:26:39 AM »
Playing Master Key for $50K, split into weird chunks, is just plain silly and demonstrates that the current producers don't understand the art of tension. There's no elegant way to have the contestant win the 30K without having the other prizes seem like afterthoughts. Winning 15K is a big deal on Price, but becomes trivial if you have already won 30K. Conversely, there is no way to win a smaller prize without having the large prize seem less attractive "hey, you won 20K already, let's see if you can win 30 more"....there's no juice there.

Sometimes I wonder if they roleplay these things before they actually implement them. Because just a few mock playings would reveal what I weak TV moment this makes for.

"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 08:56:18 AM »
Master Key should have been for $ 75,000 split into $ 25,000 chunks.....much better tension

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 09:40:22 AM »
Master Key should have been for $ 75,000 split into $ 25,000 chunks.....much better tension

I would argue that this layout creates LESS tension. Once I have won one prize of 25K, the balloon has been popped. While winning more would be nice, you have already released the air because I have won a "big" chunk of cash already.

And if I win 2 of the locks, then winning the top prize becomes almost a silly afterthought.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 12:22:39 PM »
They offered quite a bit of money but paid little of it out. Mike may very well consider that a success.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2018, 09:00:51 PM »
But....i'm thinking in  terms of the home audience watching (thier excitement) if the person on stage wins 25,000 do they have  the key for the next 25,000 or the one after that or do they only have the one or none or the one that opens all three locks which you can draw out by going to the first then last locks to open them.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 09:27:20 PM »
But....i'm thinking in  terms of the home audience watching (thier excitement) if the person on stage wins 25,000 do they have  the key for the next 25,000 or the one after that or do they only have the one or none or the one that opens all three locks which you can draw out by going to the first then last locks to open them.

Once somebody wins 25K, is there any excitement at all to whether they won another 25K? NO!
There is only build-up to winning one big prize. Once a big prize has been won, who gives a designer accessories anymore?