Author Topic: Punch a Bunch question  (Read 1019 times)

Offline ssetta

• Walking the Golden Road
Punch a Bunch question
« on: February 22, 2018, 04:39:30 PM »
I seem to remember the very first time they had Big Money Week and Punch a Bunch was played for $250k, after the game was all over, Drew revealed where the $250k slip was. This makes me wonder if he and/or the crew always knows where it is. Similarly, on Wheel of Fortune, if someone takes the Million Dollar Wedge to the Bonus Round, Pat always shows where the Million was.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: Punch a Bunch question
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 04:51:32 PM »
Most likely, Drew was told by the people who stuffed the holes about that. Whether that was after the game or he knew before hand, I don't know. I am pretty sure on WoF that after the BR puzzle, a sign is held up, with a red line? that shows the slot with the Million.

It isn't randomly placed, so I have a feeling SOMEONE of the crew always knows where it was.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Punch a Bunch question
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 07:54:08 PM »
I think Roger has said as much on his Facebook page when someone asked this very question.  He decided where the highest valued slip was, but the lower amounts I think are just put wherever they end up.