Author Topic: Superfan Show?  (Read 5333 times)

Offline priac

• 10/10/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Superfan Show?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 12:29:18 PM »
Am I the only one who finds the requirements for the Superfan Contest to be vague and, frankly, silly?
So if I come up with a cutesy original song, write a poignant essay, or construct the Big Wheel out of a giant wheel of Cheese, I could win?

Superfans should be folks who know their pricing and/or can answer obscure show trivia.

And how exactly do they judge something so subjective?  Sorry to vent, but the whole "Submitted Material" thing seems kind of hokey, and not necessarily indicative of a SuperFan.

It will be a hoot to see what people submit.

Offline WilliamPorygon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 12:57:31 PM »
And how exactly do they judge something so subjective?
Start by bringing out Ten Chances and disqualifying anybody who suggests a price not ending in 0.   :P

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 02:44:33 PM »
Am I the only one who finds the requirements for the Superfan Contest to be vague and, frankly, silly?

Did I miss a link somewhere?  And if it's a cheesy song Mark Senacori is a LOCK!                                       

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 03:08:03 PM »
I believe priac is referring to the superfan contest going on. You can apparently win a new car if you win the contest.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline priac

• 10/10/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 03:59:06 PM »
Correct, I was.   It looks like they're simply looking for goofy, quirky, outlandish submissions, (there word for it is "creativity") as opposed to really looking for a Super fan.  If I'm correct, I believe it makes a mockery of the show.  We'll see based on the submissions, and more importantly on who the judges pick to win. 

Maybe somebody will have a specialty bakery make a giant cake of Drew's head, and present it with a giant slice taken out. Or better yet, have a baker make a cake of the entire set, complete with miniature, edible, marzipan models and prizes.

Based upon the instructions, does anybody have any example of what they might be looking for?

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 08:48:41 PM »
Well... we're getting closer and this taping is still wait-listed.

Someone on Facebook said that most of the time, tickets to special shows become available two weeks in advance. It's less than two weeks away now, but we'll see what happens.

I really want to go to this taping, and if I can get my hands on tickets, I probably will. My mother seriously wants to go too. We're both super fans.

The problem I have with this is that I have a feeling these tickets will fall into the wrong hands. Ted pointed out on Facebook that, unlike say a teachers or newlyweds special, this one is more difficult to get the right crowd into the studio. How are you going to prove that you are a super fan? Anyone can say they are, but what kind of regulation will they have with this?

They should have VIP ticket slots for members of this site! :oldlol:  Did April Fools come early?
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline ShootingDio

• In the Audience
  • I can explain.
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 09:40:46 PM »
I'm gonna imagine a list of superfan games:

That's Too Much, Check Game, Range Game, Money Game, Push Over (There was a running gag for a couple of playings during its debut where Bob mentioned the blocks would fall into China)

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2018, 05:48:54 PM »
Well I got an email today that said the tickets are mine if I want them...

I really wish I could have gotten a bit more notice than this so the flights could be cheaper but I’m looking at flight and hotel prices right now and I think we’ll still be able to make it!

If anyone who has been there has any hotel, ect. suggestions, feel free.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2018, 10:33:05 PM »
Check that... as it turns out, we were not able to get the tickets. I should have read the email closer, but it did say that they were releasing a limited number of tickets and I would have been able to claim some until the taping filled up.

The sad part is... I first saw the email only about 5 minutes after it was sent and probably could have reserved some tickets if I acted immediately...

:headbang:

(Sigh)... well, I was really looking forward to that one. I really hope Mike & Co. made the right approach to this and it does not end up being just another regular old show with "Superfan Special" tacked onto the title.

If it does go over well, there could be another one in the future. After all, the email describes the taping as, "our very first" fan appreciation special...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:35:59 PM by William »