Author Topic: Deal or No Deal Revived  (Read 1723 times)

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Deal or No Deal Revived
« on: March 13, 2018, 12:08:00 PM »
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Deal or No Deal Revived
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 12:26:54 PM »
CNBC?... Exciting twists?... Someone clear the lagoon, looks like the shark is preparing to jump.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline geniusinmath

• In Contestant's Row
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 12:38:48 PM »
Nice. I can't wait till it premieres.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 12:53:00 PM »
as long as "exciting twists" doesn't include the older NBC run's Million Dollar Mission

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 12:57:06 PM »
as long as "exciting twists" doesn't include the older NBC run's Million Dollar Mission

I have a feeling the top prize won't be $1,000,000 if the show is on a cable channel.
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 04:32:20 PM »
CNBC?... Exciting twists?... Someone clear the lagoon, looks like the shark is preparing to jump.
General reminder that the NBC series had enough "exciting twists", pointless gimmicks, general irrelevancies, and blatant padding to jump the shark multiple times.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 04:43:35 PM »
General reminder that the NBC series had enough [...] blatant padding [...]
Reminds me of a YT video I'd seen once (not sure if it's still up) that edited out all of the padding from a game, only leaving the case choices, case openings, "No Deals", etc. that were necessary to show how the player did. For a 1-hour show (or 44-minutes, minus commercials), the game reduced to less than 5 minutes in this edited video, if memory serves.

EDIT: Found it!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:46:19 PM by blozier2006 »

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 05:41:00 PM »
Reminds me of a YT video I'd seen once (not sure if it's still up) that edited out all of the padding from a game, only leaving the case choices, case openings, "No Deals", etc. that were necessary to show how the player did. For a 1-hour show (or 44-minutes, minus commercials), the game reduced to less than 5 minutes in this edited video, if memory serves.

EDIT: Found it!

Itís why I prefer the syndicated half-hour version over the hour version. More contestant involvement, few drawn out reveals, and less drama.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline PayingTheRent

• Glory days.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 09:26:51 PM »
CNBC?

CNBC??

Somewhere in storage rests a handheld DOND video game I purchased over a decade ago that was probably played with all but twice. Is it time to dig it out, dust it off and replace the battery for a renewed, fun experience?

Should I pick up another copy of the DVD game at Goodwill for hours of nostalgic excitement and super repetitive Howie Mandel phrases??

I do hope this version succeeds. I actually quite liked the original version early in its run before NBC milked it to death for ratings.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 11:00:50 PM »
I always thought GSN would revive this show since they revived 1 vs 100(Web Cam) and Minute to win it.

I hope it does follow the syndicated format. I felt an hour show dragged on and i hated the gimmicks and watching the contestants having mo money syndrome and losing it all.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 05:37:12 AM »
It will likely tape in Toronto for a $ 1,000,000 Canadian which is what....after taxes and all $ 750,000 or so

Offline pannoni1

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018, 06:20:31 AM »
I'd wish the revival had some Treasure Hunt elements in it, with a number of cases (say eight) klunks, where you'd win a tiny amount from stuff ranging from piggy banks to dollar store merchandise, eight more of them prizes (mostly trips and cars), and other prizes a series of checks, with nine of them in $10,000 increments up to $90,000, with the top prize having a progressive jackpot that starts at $100,000 and increases by $10,000 each day it isn't won, which is still a respectable top payout for a cable version. The banker could offer prizes in addition to cash as well for his offers. At least on that show, the drawn out portion of it was funny, and even included klunks along with the good prize. I wish the comeback attempt good luck though.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:28:55 AM by pannoni1 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »
I'd wish the revival had some Treasure Hunt elements in it, with a number of cases (say eight) klunks, where you'd win a tiny amount from stuff ranging from piggy banks to dollar store merchandise, eight more of them prizes (mostly trips and cars), and other prizes a series of checks, with nine of them in $10,000 increments up to $90,000, with the top prize having a progressive jackpot that starts at $100,000 and increases by $10,000 each day it isn't won, which is still a respectable top payout for a cable version. The banker could offer prizes in addition to cash as well for his offers. At least on that show, the drawn out portion of it was funny, and even included klunks along with the good prize. I wish the comeback attempt good luck though.

Now that is an idea.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 08:40:32 PM »
It will likely tape in Toronto for a $ 1,000,000 Canadian which is what....after taxes and all $ 750,000 or so
Why?  Why would this be likely?

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018, 08:12:57 AM »
If it has as many gimmicks at the primetime version did, I wonít be watching. The first handful of episodes were good, then it went downhill.