Author Topic: End of Fireball's Episode 6  (Read 30436 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #1 (Jay's bid)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 10:41:02 PM »
The deadline has passed, the votes have been locked, and the game is set.  Let's see what you voted for!  With 7 votes, your choice for original PG will be... CASH CARDS!

With an amazing 9 votes, you decided that the retired PG of the episode will be... HURDLES!

And now, for your four current PGs.  With 8 votes, it's... 3 STRIKES!  Right behind it with 7 votes... it's gonna be our first PG to be played twice, GOLDEN ROAD!  With 4 votes... GRAND GAME!

Now, as for the final game in the lineup, we have a 6-way tie at 3 votes each:

Balance Game
Danger Price
Grocery Game
Hit Me
It's in the Bag
Punch-A-Bunch

Tiebreaker #1 indicates that we cut any previously played game.  Since we played Punchy in our last episode, it's gone.

Tiebreaker #2 indicates that we cut any game that conflicts with any non-tied game.  As we can clearly see, we have three GP games in our tied list, and we're already gonna play 2 GP games in this episode (Grand and Hurdles), so we get rid of Grocery, Hit, and Baggy.

We're left with Balance and Danger and I have decided that the final game in our lineup should be... BALANCE GAME!  Here we go!

========================================================

*Walking*

Burton Richardson:  Here it comes!

[color=0000FF]GET THIS PARTY STARTED![/color]

From the Bob Barker Studios at CBS in Hollywood...

[color=0000FF]FORGET YOUR TROUBLES![/color]

television's most exciting hour of fantastic prizes--

[color=0000FF]WE'RE #1![/color]

the fabulous 60-minute "Price Is Right"!

BuddyTom, come on down!

ucb2912, come on down!

Jordan7, come on down!

And Jay Cross, come on down!

You are the first four contestants on...

And now, here is the star of "The Price Is Right", BRB_TheFireball!

*Fireball enters from the back of the audience, hi-5s various audience members and pages, Phire hands off the mic*

Welcome to "The Price Is Right"!  Thank you!  I thank you for that wonderful welcome!  Over there is the first item up for bids of the day.

It's a fun cotton candy cart!

This charming retro cotton candy cart makes over 100 servings of sugar that goes straight to your ass.  We've also included a supply of paper cotton candy cones and 6 half-gallon cartons of cotton candy mix.

And we will give the cotton candy maker--or as Marc affectionately calls it, the ass blow-up cart :-P --to the person who is closest to its ARP without going over.  Jay, what is your bid?

(Bid order:  Jay, Jordan, ucb, Tom)
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #1 (Jay's bid)
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 02:00:10 AM »
I'll bid $1,600 on that cotton candy machine.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 11:58:48 AM »
They have one of those on the real show, and it was on Gameshow Marathon's TPiR, and I think it's $1408, so let's go with that.

Offline ucb2912

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 12:09:24 PM »
Oh well. If this is the same cart as the one thats always used on the show, jordan hit it on the nose. However, since I have to bid, lets go with $1650 and hope for the best.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #1 (BuddyTom's bid)
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 07:00:16 PM »
[whiny kid] Jordan took my answer! [/whiny kid]

$1450.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, PG #1
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 09:02:26 PM »

I know ya'll were thinking the same thing... but I should say that this is not the same cotton candy cart that is often seen on the real PIR.  Plus, we're offering the paper cones and the cotton candy mix with our cart.  It might be $1,408... it might be more... it might be less.

The price of this cart with the extra stuff is...

$1,500! [color=00CC00]*DINGDINGDINGDINGDING*[/color] BuddyTom wins it!  He gets to join me up here for the first game of the day.

Good news, Tom--you're gonna walk down the Golden Road!  It all starts with this...

bottle of water.  This water can help you win that.

*harp*

It's a lovely decanter set!

The classical design of this Bloomsbury decanter set was inspired by the work of the Arts & Crafts Movement.  It's from the home, james! collection of East Hampton.

You win that and we'll move to the next leg of the Golden Road, where this prize awaits!

*harp*

It's a beautiful bedroom group!

Elegance abounds with the rich beauty and traditional style of the Pheasant Run queen bedroom group from the Ashley Companies.  And for your new bedroom group, a Serta Perfect Sleeper Parkville mattress.

Now, Tom, if ya win that, we go to the end of the Golden Road.  As you and everybody at home knows, we always have something very, very, VERY nice at the end of the Golden Road.  Tonight is no exception!  Tom... tonight, we have a prize that is worth more than $73,000!  *wild cheers and applause*  Now, don't ya'll think that Tom will be the talk of Boston, Massachusetts, driving around in that?!

*harp*

It's a NEW MOTORHOME! *Big Banana*

The 2007 Winnebago Access is your home away from home!  This beautiful 29' motorhome sleeps 5 and features vinyl flooring, three-burner range top, microwave, 27" TV, and video selection system!

Here's the price of the water:

Let's take this tag down to the decanter set.  There are three digits in its price.  We'll see the last two.

Is the first number in that prize 5 or 9?
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 10:29:51 PM »
Wow. Just... wow. An ass blow-up-cart and now this?? I'll say it's the FIVE!!
BuddyTom

-- Freude!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 10:44:40 PM »
Tom says 5.  Let's see if it's the 5.

[color=00CC00]*DINGDINGDINGDINGDING*[/color] Of course it is!  You win that and now we go to the bedroom furniture.  There are 4 numbers in that price.

That's a $5,000 prize... but is that second number 5, 6, or 8?

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 11:42:58 PM »
Agh. Where's the King of Furniture when you need him? Nevertheless, I think that I'm going to go with the SIX and pray this isn't a CSTF moment!
BuddyTom

-- Freude!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 06:09:08 PM »
Going for the 6.  We're looking for a--

You do realize that if this is a 6, we're going over to that motorhome.

We're looking for--

Could you use a motorhome like that?

I'm done playing around.  Here it is!

[color=CC0000]*BUZZZZZZ*[/color] Oh no!  It was the 8!  And we don't get to play for that motorhome.  :-(  *main theme*  But you'll be back to spin the Big Wheel a little later.

We'll have another fan favorite pricing game after this.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #2 (Madonna's bid)
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 06:17:39 PM »
We are now about to meet...

Madonna!  Come on down!  You're the next contestant on "The Price Is Right"!

Well, well, well... G-R.net's favorite material girl is back on Fireball's PIR.  :-)  Last time she was here, she won a bunch of nice stuff--a grandfather clock, a camping trailer, $1,000 cash, and a kitty.  :-D  We'll see if she can add more to her winnings.  Our next item for bids is behind me.

Coming around on the turntable now is this...

comfy recliner!

The perfect union of style and comfort make this Berkline leather recliner the best chair you've ever kicked back and fallen asleep in while watching the football game.  The PowerRecline feature gives you different back and leg rest angles.

Bid on that, Maddie.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #2 (Madonna's bid)
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 03:42:12 AM »
$1,150
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #2 (Jay's bid)
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 11:54:06 AM »
[color=00CC00]*DING*[/color] $1,150 there, and we go to Jay, who has until 5 PM tomorrow to bid.  (I'm giving him extra time since Madonna's bid came at 3 AM, a time of the day that I am not awake to buzz somebody out. :-P )

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 04:45:28 PM »
What can I say? I'm running with the shadows of the night... :-P
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2006, 11:09:28 PM »
I'll try $950.