Author Topic: End of Fireball's Episode 6  (Read 30438 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, DIY Showcase #2 (Brian)
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2006, 02:09:10 PM »

[color=009900]*DING*[/color]  *main theme*  $41,000 says Brian.  And we'll be back to see who the winner is.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: End of Fireball's Episode 6
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2006, 02:38:34 PM »

Here we go!  Let's find out who our winner is.  Tom, you bid $21,212 on your showcase.  The actual retail price of your showcase is...

$24,368, a difference of...

[color=009900]*DING*[/color] $3,156.  Nice bid, Tom.

Brian, you'll have to beat that difference to win.  You bid $41,000.  And the actual retail price of your showcase is!

$50,429... a difference of...

[color=009900]*DING*[/color] $9,429.  Tom wins!  [color=009900]*DINGDINGDINGDINGDING*[/color] *main theme*

Brian, thanks again for joining us on the show.  Enjoy the $40,000 that you won earlier.

Tom, you missed out on a Golden Road win, but you ended up the big winner today!  Congratulations, and go over to your prizes.

This is The Fireball reminding you to help control the pet population.  Cut off their damn balls.  Peace!

This is Burton Richardson speaking for "Fireball's Price Is Right", a Mark Goodson Television production.

© MMVI
Price Productions, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

Episode 6 winnings
Jordan7 - $54,400
Brian Sternal - $41,416
BuddyTom - $26,436
Madonna - $18,062
Jay Cross - $17,645
ucb2912 - $601

Showcase #1
DirectFurniture.com Pearl Essence Etagere - $1,380
E.M. Winston Saxophone - $1,225
Miami - $3,078
Harley-Davidson XL 1200R - $8,870
Harley-Davidson XL 1200L - $9,815

Showcase #2
Amana Stainless Refrigerator - $2,299
Two Baron ES Snowboards - $1,200
Zurich - $9,468
Two Pontiac Vibes - $37,462

========================================================

Episode 6 notes

--This was the first episode in which a grocery product game was lost.

--Balance Game gave us our first pricing game for a car won since Golden Road on Episode 3.

--This was the first episode in which two car games were won.  We beat that with three cars being won.

--This was the first episode in which a small-prize game was played in the second half.

--This was the first episode since Episode 2 to see a perfect half.

--The unpicked prizes in the "Do-It-Yourself" showcases were an Eames sofa from highbrowfurniture.com, Cinemark movie passes for a year, a trip to Hawaii, and a Dodge Ram 3500.  Those prizes will go back into the warehouse for use in future episodes.

--Look for Episode 7 some time next month.  It'll be a regular episode.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2006, 03:32:25 PM »
I was a little low on the motorcycles, (I guessed about 16K for the pair) and I priced Miami as el cheapo because I'm famous for going over on trips in CSS. But for a FRTrip and bikes, I'm very pleased with myself. :-D

Thank you BRB, I had lots of fun despite Golden Road.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2006, 04:09:39 PM »
Congrats to tom! Thank you BRB, I also had a great time!