Author Topic: End of Fireball's Episode 6  (Read 30439 times)

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #2 (Jordan7's bid)
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 05:02:29 PM »
$1200

Offline ucb2912

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #2 (ucb closes)
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 05:21:45 AM »
$1201!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #2 (OVERBID)
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 10:57:18 AM »
[color=CC0000]*BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ*[/color]

Oh, darn!  It's the dreadful overbid.  The lowest bid was $950.  Erase those bids... then go lower than $950, Madonna.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #2 (OVERBID)
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2006, 05:42:16 AM »
$869
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #2 (OVERBID - Jay's rebid)
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2006, 07:55:51 PM »
Hmm... $750.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #2 (OVERBID - Jay's rebid)
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 09:10:48 PM »
$769

Offline ucb2912

Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #2 (OVERBID - ucb's rebid)
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2006, 07:45:09 AM »
One Dollar!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Fireball's Episode 6, PG #2
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2006, 01:58:30 PM »

Thank you for preventing a second overbid, ucb.  :-D

Actual retail price...

$600! [color=009900]*DINGDINGDINGDINGDING*[/color] The $1 bid did it!  Come on up here, ucb... and follow me to the giant price tag!

This was your first time registering for my game... and, hallelujah, you made it on stage.  And do we ever have good news for you!  Tell him, Burton!

*silence*

Ummm, lift up the thing and tell him what he can win!

Do what?

*looks toward the announcer's booth*

OK, Roger, where the Hell is Burton?

Roger (indistinguishably):  He went to the bathroom.

At a time like this?  Can't we just stop tape and wait for him to come back?

Roger:  We can't.  We're on a tight schedule today.  Just go over there behind Burton's microphone and announce the game.

I can't do that.  I gotta...  *audience starts cheering and applauding in approval*  Oh, all right... I'll do it just this one time!  Here, ucb, you hold my mic. *runs over to the announcer's booth*  Ready to hear what you can win?!

ucb2912:  YEAH!

*giant price tag finally goes up*

*Grand Game cue* It's a chance to win up to...

That's right--$10,000!  But you have to start at one dollar.

[color=009900]*DING*[/color]  And reveal the target price for the Grand Game today.

[color=009900]*DING*[/color]  It's $6.50.  Every time you pick products that are less than $6.50, you move closer to the $10,000.  Pick all four products that are under $6.50 and the whole $10,000 is yours.  Two products are over $6.50.  Avoid those or else the game is over.

Now, pay attention as I describe the products we will be using.

*Bhen*  Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula contains the wholesome grains and garden greens every indoor cat craves.  Physical, emotional, complete.  That's the Purina Cat Chow way of life. (3.5 lb.)

Jazz up your next meal with Zatarain's jambalaya rice mix.  Just add sausage, chicken, or shrimp for authentic New Orleans cuisine at your own dinner table. (8 oz.)

AZO supplement helps you maintain a healthy urinary tract with a great cranberry taste.  Use as directed. (50 count)

Enjoy the rich chocolate taste of Ovaltine.  It has more vitamins and minerals than the leading chocolate drink and tastes great in cold or hot milk. (18 oz.)

Bring the taste of San Antonio to your home with Pace picante sauce.  Grab the southwest by the bottle. (16 oz)

And DiGiorno pizza has a pizzeria-style rising crust that bakes fresh in your oven.  It's not delivery, it's DiGiorno. (31.33 oz.)

And there they are!  *audience cheers and applauds*  Well, that was an interesting experience.  *walks back to ucb and the Grand Game set*  OK, ucb, where are we starting?

Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

Offline ucb2912

Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #2 (OVERBID - ucb's rebid)
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2006, 02:06:26 PM »
Uh oh... I'm terrible at GP Games!

That said... There's no way that drink mix can be more than $6.50 IMO. I'll start with the drink mix.

(Crosses fingers..)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, PG #2
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2006, 02:21:02 PM »
Starting with the drink mix.  That is...

[color=CC0000]*BUZZZZZZ*[/color] *audience groans* WHAT?!  $6.79?!  I don't believe this!  Roger, when was the last time somebody wiped out on the very first product?  Man, I do the whole announcing spiel for this game... and all I get to give away is $1.

Let's see the rest of the prices.  The cat food...

was less.  The rice...

was very much less.  The p--um, supplement...

was more.  So the picante and pizza must also be less.

Well, ucb, we'll just have to get your $10,000 from the Big Wheel.  *main theme*  We're gonna try to get a winner after these commercials.

Offline ucb2912

Re: Fireball's Episode 6, PG #2
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2006, 02:25:25 PM »
OUCH!!!! Talk about CSTF!

Oh well, I told you I was terrible at GP Games. And at least its more then the bottom prize on DOND.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #3 (sternal's bid)
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2006, 02:50:42 PM »
Welcome back, Burton.  Feeling better?

Yes, I am.  Thank you.

Well, I'm not.  While you were away, I tried to give away $10,000, but an evil can of Ovaltine kept that from happening.  We don't want another winless first half like we had on our last show.  Call down a winner!

I got a winner for you.  Would you believe that it's Brian Sternal?!  Come on down!  You're the next contestant on "The Price Is Right"!

Oh, brother!  He's back!  Our all-time winner is back to win another $300,000 or something like that.  :-P  What are we bidding on now?

It's a fun motorbike!

New for 2007, the Honda CRF100F offroad motorcycle has a bulletproof 4-stroke 99cc engine and a smooth 5-speed transmission.

And to the winner of this motorbike goes a supply of storage bags.

Triple your storage space with Space Bag vacuum seal storage bags.  Get it today at spacebag.com.

What do ya say, Brian?

[/quote]

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2006, 07:42:26 PM »
$1750!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2006, 04:37:02 AM »
$2,199
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Re: Fireball's Episode 6, IUFB #3 (Jay's bid)
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2006, 09:16:20 AM »
[color=00CC00]*DING*[/color] Welcome back to the forum, Brian!  I hope ya had a great vacation in Montana.  :-)

[color=00CC00]*DING*[/color] And Maddie is in as well... so we move on to Jay.