Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/20/2018 (TPiR Season 46 Superfan Show)  (Read 8285 times)

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/20/2018 (TPiR Season 46 Superfan Show)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2018, 12:06:29 AM »
I don't remember anything about a youngest superfan contest. Did this kid just submit for the main contest and Mike was so enamored with him (he was pretty damn annoying to me) he gets a free ride to Phone Home Plinko?

At least the other segment was heartwarming and a luxury car SC was actually won. I am not surprised at all even on a giveaway El Cheapo setup it got to a guy who had no clue.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline WOF85

• In the Audience
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 01:50:19 AM »
Well they double downed on Money Game. People are pointing out El Cheapo but only Whammy pointed out they did The Old Front 'n Back too.  That was two cardinal rules of Money Game broken.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 01:53:26 AM by WOF85 »
Plinko is the worst game the show ever made.

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2018, 09:42:09 AM »
The first two games were exactly what I would have expected from a show for superfans - games with hidden tricks that a LFAT would know and exploit (Cliffhangers was particularly obvious with exactly 20-30-40).  But why didn't they continue that (Push Over was the closest with a plausible first price that a LFAT would know not to choose)?

Where were, among others, Cover Up, Ten Chances and Now Or Then?  I know that playing the first two would mean three car games in a show, but they did play 2 SP's so it's not like they weren't willing to play more of a type of game than normal.

At the very least, couldn't they find five grocery items with the word "Super" in them and played Grocery Game?
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

Offline RedWing512

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 12:10:27 PM »
I don't remember anything about a youngest superfan contest. Did this kid just submit for the main contest and Mike was so enamored with him (he was pretty damn annoying to me) he gets a free ride to Phone Home Plinko?

So I've been busy as of late and have fallen behind on my Price viewing. Just now getting caught up and reading the recaps, and I just have to facepalm at this comment.

I'm sure you (and everyone else here) were just exactly like this kid at his age. It's comments like this that give this place a bad name. Grow up.