Author Topic: Favorite Merrie Melodies/Looney Tunes Cartoons  (Read 12455 times)

Offline forteDSX

• In the Audience
Re: Favorite Merrie Melodies/Looney Tunes Cartoons
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 10:40:28 PM »
The Hunting trilogy!!

I busted a gut laughing when I saw it. Chuck Jones was a genius.

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 09:42:22 AM »
The Hunting trilogy!!
You mean the trio of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and Elmer Fudd.  Four episodes were done with the trio...
Rabbit Fire - 1951
Rabbit Seasoning - 1952
Duck! Rabbit! Duck! - 1953
Beanstalk Bunny - 1955 (not a hunting episode...was planned to be in 3-D)

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 01:30:51 AM »
"Long-Haired Hare" is one of my favorites, especially when Bugs makes the opera singer hold that one high note...which eventually makes the Hollywood Bowl collapse  :lol:
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline tadixon757

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 08:41:26 AM »
Way too many for me to list here, but one of my favorites that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet is "The Last Hungry Cat" with Sylvester & Tweety. And you can watch that one at the link below:

-- Thad Dixon

Offline OrchestraRicki

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 02:23:22 PM »
"Long-Haired Hare" is one of my favorites, especially when Bugs makes the opera singer hold that one high note...which eventually makes the Hollywood Bowl collapse  :lol:
A friend of mine was a former managing director for Tri-C JazzFest Cleveland who now works as an executive director for Detroit International Jazz Fest.  One day, she mentioned that title of the cartoon featuring Bugs Bunny and Giovanni Jones.  That is my friend's favorite W-B cartoon of all times.  That woman plays the violin and she plays for a classical music orchestra.  "Long Haired-Hare" was a great cartoon.  Another funny clip from that cartoon was when Bugs poured liquid alum into the spray.  After it was applied to Giovanni's throat, his head began to shrink during his performance.  Th-th-th-that's all Folks!

Hector Manuel Torres Jr. :-)

Offline LDFEnterprises

• Outside in Line
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2018, 09:58:53 PM »
( buzzer sounds )...I remember that cartoon, BUT the ending was from 1957.  There was NO re-drawn graphic with Porky Pig busting out of a snare drum during the re-colorization process.  To prove me wrong, see if you can get that cartoon and upload it on YouTube.  The same with the other two I mentioned to prove my point.
Okay, looks like you're wrong. The Redrawn drum does exist!It's on Youtube

Offline LDFEnterprises

• Outside in Line
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2018, 10:02:56 PM »
In 1988-1990, the opening/closing graphics were replaced with the 1957 Looney Tunes graphics with the exception of a few.  In 1936's "The Village Smithy", the W-B Shield was blurred while the theme was muted, then the picture focuses and zooms in with the "original" credits and the theme un-muted.  The next graphic was the Looney Tunes one from 1940.  The ending graphic was in bright red with the "That's all folks!" in outline then filled with the rest of the original credits.  In 1942's "Daffy's Southern Exposure", the opening graphic starts in bright red, with muted theme, with the W-B shield, in black WITHOUT the hyphen, fading in.  Two seconds later, the actual copyrights appear, and the music un-muted.  The ending graphic was from 1957.

The same "colorized" redrawn versions were ALSO done with the black-and-white Popeye cartoons, retaining the AAP (Associate Artists Productions) logo.  As far as the Sunset Films, or Sunset Productions as it's shown, the copyright roman numberals were wrong.  The first three letters shown were "MXM", or 1990, when it should be "MCM" as in 1900.
Don't forget Porky's Hare Hunt, Injun Trouble, Porky's Hotel, and Porky's Movie Mystery. Those redrawns have original titles too.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2018, 10:36:47 PM »
Holy bump, dude.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2018, 12:13:21 AM »
Uh, okay.

I suppose this could be deemed "important" in the context of the thread, but I'm still locking it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.