Author Topic: Pricing game changes that improved those games?  (Read 10967 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Pricing game changes that improved those games?
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2018, 04:13:30 AM »
I think even the current but quieter beeping sound may have been in use by late 1978 (around the time when the Pricedown dollar signs came into use). I base it on Match Game's star wheel which had a beep like that around that timeframe.

Offline Bill_Cullen_#1

• Outside in Line
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2018, 08:53:53 PM »
Man, I've been watching this show a long time, but I don't even remember half of these changes even occurring. It amazes me how you guys can remember all this.

I do agree that most of the changes mentioned have all improved the games.

But, I disagree about Punch a Bunch though. Nothing has improved that game, because it's always been a horrible game and still is. My wife and I both despise that thing. Literally the worst game on the show. It's just horrible television watching $100 and $250 coming up over and over again. Any game where the most logical course of action is to walk away with $1000 needs to be taken out back and retired.

I get that you want to have some zonks on the board to create drama, but the money distribution is just whacked.

Online ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2018, 10:06:13 PM »
Man, I've been watching this show a long time, but I don't even remember half of these changes even occurring. It amazes me how you guys can remember all this.

I do agree that most of the changes mentioned have all improved the games.

But, I disagree about Punch a Bunch though. Nothing has improved that game, because it's always been a horrible game and still is. My wife and I both despise that thing. Literally the worst game on the show. It's just horrible television watching $100 and $250 coming up over and over again. Any game where the most logical course of action is to walk away with $1000 needs to be taken out back and retired.

I get that you want to have some zonks on the board to create drama, but the money distribution is just whacked.

It’s hard to believe that Grand Game and Punch-A-Bunch once had the same top prize of $10,000. I used to dread Punch-A-Bunch as a kid (prior to 2008) because I rarely saw anyone win more than $1,000 or even $500.