Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/11/2018 (TPiR Season 46 Mother's Day Special)  (Read 7127 times)

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/11/2018 (TPiR Season 46 Mother's Day Special)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 02:15:23 PM »
Gotta disagree - missing intentionally on a first guess in One Away doesn’t buy you anything.  How would missing a digit on purpose help you to “get more of the other digits”?  It’s not like Cover Up where you can earn more than one extra attempt.

My guess is that purposely missing one number will help you on the second time around as you’ll know at least one exact number you’ll have to change. If the SFX lady tells you that you only have one number wrong, you’ve pretty much won.

Offline SanAnMan

• In Contestant's Row
  • Always look on the bright side of life.
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 03:34:55 PM »
It seemed to me that One Away was purposefully played with the strategy of missing the second digit the first time to try and get more of the other digits. It was hard to tell if they did do so on purpose or not, but I loved how that was played that way, it's a sound strategy.

Yeah, I meant to say Cover Up, not One Away, mea culpa.

Offline WeTryHarder

• Outside in Line
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 04:01:12 PM »
Yeah, I meant to say Cover Up, not One Away, mea culpa.

Oops, I should’ve figured that out from looking at the recap, mea culpa too.

My guess is that purposely missing one number will help you on the second time around as you’ll know at least one exact number you’ll have to change. If the SFX lady tells you that you only have one number wrong, you’ve pretty much won.

Yeah, but in that situation if you hadn’t missed it purposely in the first place, you would have won on the first try.