Author Topic: Perfect Hole in One Question  (Read 3573 times)

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
Perfect Hole in One Question
« on: May 16, 2018, 05:25:25 PM »
When was the last time someone perfected Hole in One? By that I mean ordered all of GPs correctly and got the ball in the hole on their first put.
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
Re: Perfect Hole in One Question
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 06:14:19 PM »
11-19-2013 during Dream Car Week.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 07:30:16 AM »
The bonus needs to be upped to $1,000 already.  40 years and no increase?  They offer $1,000 for 3 right selections in 1/2 Off, etc.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 07:48:21 AM »
You can make it $10,000 for all I care - only twice in the Mike era over roughly 10 seasons has somebody even putted from the closest line.

It's a joke how they consistently fool people with the 1-2 prize, and now they've taken to not playing the game at all!
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 07:44:35 AM »
You can make it $10,000 for all I care - only twice in the Mike era over roughly 10 seasons has somebody even putted from the closest line.

Wow, I didn't realize only twice in 10 years....  Ridiculous.  I don't think we see the game that often since Drew is not a golfer.  Doubt that is going to change.

Fixed misaligned quote - PTR
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:43:57 PM by PayingTheRent »

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 11:53:16 AM »
I think the length of time it takes to play the game is more of the reason why Hole in One is getting fewer playings, rather than Drew's golfing abilities. They could just take out Drew's put altogether to save time though of course.

Offline priac

• 10/10/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 01:38:20 PM »
Wow, I didn't realize only twice in 10 years....  Ridiculous.  I don't think we see the game that often since Drew is not a golfer.  Doubt that is going to change.

Fixed misaligned quote - PTR

Drew not being a golfer crossed my mind as well.  Who knows really.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 09:36:40 PM »
Would there have been an inspiration putt at all if Bob wasn't a golfer?
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 10:02:21 PM »
Better question: Would Hole in One have been a game, period, if Bob wasn't a golfer?

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 02:56:05 PM »
The bonus really should be increased.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 01:22:42 AM »
"And, if you get all six correct, not only do you get to putt from the closest line, but you also win a cash amount equal to the value of the car!"
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline GobGlom

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 04:59:20 PM »
I'm not sure it needs to be increased as it doesn't have any bearing on gameplay. No one is going to turn down a free $500 if they manage to get things in the right order, which very few do.

Would a $1000 bonus make people try harder? Possibly, but most people playing these games aren't focused. They are too excited.  :-D

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 05:25:51 PM »
"And, if you get all six correct, not only do you get to putt from the closest line, but you also win a cash amount equal to the value of the car!"

And this then takes away all of the drama of actually having to putt the ball.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 02:27:59 AM »
And this then takes away all of the drama of actually having to putt the ball.

We all know the most exciting part of Hole In One is the pricing portion

it's a joke, if that wasn't clear; PLEASE nobody should be taking this idea seriously
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 12:05:15 AM »

Better question: Would Hole in One have been a game, period, if Bob wasn't a golfer?

Possibly.  Someone might have brought up the idea of trying a golf-themed game at a let's-come-up-with-ideas-for-new-games meeting.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.