Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/22/2018  (Read 14700 times)

Offline rowlande

• In Contestant's Row
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/22/2018
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 05:38:56 PM »
the only reasons they retire games on the show anymore is if the game takes too long to play that is not a car GP or SP game

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 05:59:09 PM »
Assuming I got all 3 grocery products right in Stack the Deck, I absolutely would have won the car...  I'd priced these cars before.  Every game is winnable with the right knowledge.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 06:18:15 PM »
the only reasons they retire games on the show anymore is if the game takes too long to play that is not a car GP or SP game

...Are you saying that only Car GP or Car SP games are the only ones not axed? I don't mean to be rude at all, but I think commas help, else Hot Seat would be done by now.

Anyways, I like fancy cars in non Big 3 Games... but please make it fun and not StD.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline rowlande

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 06:26:09 PM »
...Are you saying that only Car GP or Car SP games are the only ones not axed? I don't mean to be rude at all, but I think commas help, else Hot Seat would be done by now.

Anyways, I like fancy cars in non Big 3 Games... but please make it fun and not StD.

not in recent years no. i also meant games such as HOT Seat, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Shell game, bonus game etc

I think that was the reason step up was retired it took a little longer to play and it was not one of those games. The reason why Danger price, Shopping spree and swap meet remain because they are  quicker to play

How do you feel about hot seat.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:34:10 PM by rowlande »

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 09:34:20 PM »
I think that was the reason step up was retired it took a little longer to play and it was not one of those games. The reason why Danger price, Shopping spree and swap meet remain because they are  quicker to play

Step Up was barely played in its lifetime. It was only played 80 times during its 12 year lifespan and won a measly nine times.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline digiblader

• Outside in Line
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 09:41:51 PM »
Hot Seat needs to be retired. It takes way too long to play, and it basically throws away money for a game that lacks difficulty. And the payouts need to be lowered on the earlier levels so that contestants aren't bailing out early--and 35 seconds is too much time, especially when nobody runs out of time in the history of the game.

As for Step Up's retirement--it was barely played even in Barker's time, and worsened when Drew was there. Especially considering the game was very difficult to win the full $3,000 + 4 prizes..

Let's not call contestants names please.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:38:58 PM by therealcu2010 »

Online Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2018, 10:33:35 PM »
Deanna did amazingly well in Stack the Deck...for somebody that got no free numbers! I bet that 90% of the audience wouldn't have gotten that close, and she didn't end the price with a nice 5 or 9.

Wouldn’t [Stack the Deck and Secret "X"] be a game conflict, as pointed out by the Dob?

Probably, but the show cares so little about conflicts now that it hardly matters.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2018, 11:30:59 PM »
Can we please keep the conversation to today's show?

No need for Hot Seat discussion.

Thanks
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2018, 11:08:30 AM »
Anybody else getting Greco vibes from these recent shows?

Also, how long is it before Stack The Deck gets the axe?
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2018, 06:09:25 PM »
Step Up was barely played in its lifetime. It was only played 80 times during its 12 year lifespan and won a measly nine times.

At least we can say it was won-- original-recipe Bullseye (in 1972 w/Bob, a.k.a. Bullseye I) never was!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2018, 06:16:40 PM »
They love Stack too much to axe it.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 01:05:15 PM »
With four grocery items or six possible numbers, it would be reasonably easy to win.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2018, 05:29:11 AM »
So I know I'm coming in way late here, but having just now finally gotten around to watching this episode...holy crap was Stack the Deck nuts.  Playing the game for a luxury car isn't necessarily a bad idea, but the groceries on this playing were next to impossible.  The game's been reasonably winnable reasonably often this season, but this was just insane.  If they try this again in the future, I really hope they use this show as an example of how not to set it up.

Also, wow does Do the Math look weird with a yellow cyc.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.