Poll

Which do you prefer?

Buzzr
25 (96.2%)
GSN
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: GSN or Buzzr  (Read 3674 times)

Offline tpirsuperfan99

• In the Audience
GSN or Buzzr
« on: May 21, 2018, 03:41:22 PM »
I have watched both of these channels almost since they launched. GSN used to be a great channel for classic game shows, now Harvey Feud is on all the time, while I like it, I can't watch it for hours. GSN got rid of almost of its classics as well, the only ones left are Match Game, Card Sharks, and Pyramid, and even when they run those, they are sped up and are annoying as hell to watch.

Buzzr is much better. I know when they launched they didn't have a lot of episodes, but they have gotten better. They have classic Feud, Match Game Card Sharks, Tattletales, and many more. I am so glad Buzzr was made, they don't speed up the show, they don't have endless marathons (except on weekends). The Match Game and Family Feud marathons on Buzzr on weekends don't bother me as much because they are much better than Harvey Feud marathons EVERY DAY!

So what is your favorite, mine is Buzzr. GSN used to be good, but now it is complete crap. Which do you prefer?

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: GSN or Buzzr
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 03:51:57 PM »
Buzzr on Amazon or if you have Cable,Satellite,Internet TV or live in Toronto ,Edmonton,Calgary where YEStv is avaible in Canada otherwise it's GSN and GameTV which isn't much of a true game show channel anymore

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 04:15:37 PM »
I can't get Buzzr where I live but I choose GSN.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 05:30:40 PM »
I haven't had GSN in about 3 years. Sounds like nothing's changed.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 07:03:58 PM »
I can't get Buzzr where I live but I choose GSN.

They have a perpetual stream that cycles through the same 10 episodes that resets every 24 hours here: https://www.twitch.tv/buzzr

I stopped watching GSN because it was essentially Harvey and nude painting. There was a hit once in a while, like The Chase or Idiotest for me, but I pretty much just lost interest.

Then, I channel flipped one day and noticed a station was playing Dawson Feud. Intrigued, I kept watching... and then they played The All New Let's Make A Deal to my surprise.

After I had been enlightened, I knew which one was my master.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 09:47:40 PM »
I favor Buzzr, but I wish the channel can be made available to AT&T U-Verse customers.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline digiblader

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 09:56:53 PM »
Buzzr if we had it in Canada.

GSN has been unwatchable since it became the Harvey Feud network.

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 11:37:05 PM »
We get a 2.5 or 3hr Buzze block on YesTV weeknights at 1am ET here in Canada
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 07:35:57 AM »
Now if it was the GSN of 20 years ago or Buzzr (when it was Game Show Network), I'd side with GSN, since that of course carried TPIR, Jeopardy!, and Wheel that was more than just a few years old, along with a greater diversity of shows on its schedule compared to Buzzr, even if it had some originals like Extreme Gong, Inquizition, and Throut & Neck. It also played more rare shows, even if in butchered form on shows like Faux Pause. But Buzzr beats anything GSN post-2004 (when it added Poker and Reality shows and cancelled more classics like Tic Tac Dough and The Joker's Wild).
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »
Buzzr all the way! GSN stopped being GSN when it added the newer reality crap, plus all Harvey Feud all the time.

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 03:52:36 PM »
Buzzr, but I wish they would add Sony stuff from as early as the late 60's. GSN being owned by Sony hasn't stopped them from showing Fremantle stuff.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 10:01:24 PM »
Buzzr because of the classic shows and they have a better line up of shows.

I stopped watching GSN years ago when it became the Harvey Feud Network. I don't like a lot of their new original shows. I thought They ruined the chase