Author Topic: CSS Results for 05/24/2018 (Game 155)  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
CSS Results for 05/24/2018 (Game 155)
« on: May 24, 2018, 06:06:54 PM »
For the first time in my tenture, a preemption came between the SCs and the SC reveal. As stated in the rules, the playing entirely counts as Mountain/West time zones got the ARPs aired. (I will probably adjust this rule for next season to include it going up online, in the really odd case all 3 ARP airings do not occur but the SCs did air on eastern).

This was good news for the top 2 cashers, as they pad on a bit. Some alright scores, a couple strong ones, and a few bad ones as a trip for 6 caused some havoc.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: CSS Results for 05/24/2018 (Game 155)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 06:42:58 PM »
Holy cow. I didn't notice that it was for 6. I would have easily added 8k if I noticed that.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline priac

• 10/10/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 07:55:14 PM »
I hate “winning” the game but not getting any cash.  Rules sre rules I get and respect that..  I know this happened to many others in the past.

Suggestion (just a suggestion):  perhaps starting next season there should be a cash bonus (something like $10k or $25k) for an  “overall winner” .Otherwise, what’s the real reward  of having the best combined bids, except you get your name st the top of the board?   Just a thought.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 10:00:41 AM »
For once, one of those several-person trips didn't trip me up!
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 03:41:52 PM »
I hate “winning” the game but not getting any cash.  Rules sre rules I get and respect that..  I know this happened to many others in the past.

Suggestion (just a suggestion):  perhaps starting next season there should be a cash bonus (something like $10k or $25k) for an  “overall winner” .Otherwise, what’s the real reward  of having the best combined bids, except you get your name st the top of the board?   Just a thought.
having the best score towards your overall average. the more wins ya get, the better your average will be.

there doesn't need to be any cash with it
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...