Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/25/2018  (Read 7988 times)

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/25/2018
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 06:45:44 PM »
As a simple 'solution' to the Pay The Rent 'problem', why not have Drew actually SAY in the game explanation that "the correct combination is NOT least expensive to most expensive"? 

Except when it is.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline jbtsouthwest

• In the Audience
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »
Hi,

Tino, I know he often says that the items are not NECESSARILY lowest to highest (which is often ignored in the heat of the moment).  There'd be a BIG difference in flat out stating that they aren't.

Again, I know that on occasion least to most has worked.  I'm submitting it'd be easy for the producers to not make a least>most solution possible, and tell the contestant that least>most won't work, as an adjustment to what I thought most people didn't like about the game.

I thought the overwhelming consensus here was that 'PTR stinks', 'retire PTR'.  I thought today's playing was a great time to present a simple adjustment that requires one sentence to be said.   

Retreating to my cave.  :-/ 

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 07:43:11 PM »
Hi,

Understood, but given that the vast majority of contestants incorrectly put the cheapest in the mailbox (the 'problem' with the game),  just never make a setup where the cheapest item could be in a correct solution, and then you can announce "least to most is not correct", thus strengthening the game?

But if the vast majority of contestants put the cheapest in the mailbox, and that is the correct answer, then there's no problem.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 06:32:41 AM »
How many times in Pay The Rent's history has a contestant chosen to go all the way, and win?

Joe

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 11:05:42 AM »
Whoever posted the right solution for Pay the Rent, thanks for doing so!

How many times in Pay The Rent's history has a contestant chosen to go all the way, and win?

Joe
AFAIK, I've only seen it won twice.

Offline The Last Outlaw

• In the Audience
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 01:12:02 PM »
Whoever posted the right solution for Pay the Rent, thanks for doing so!
AFAIK, I've only seen it won twice.

Same.  And to use a wrestling term, I "marked out" when both instances happened!