Author Topic: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan - Season Three  (Read 23076 times)

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan - Season Three
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2018, 04:48:55 PM »
I thought of promise and onion for ring. How would you phrase "5 golden rings" from "12 Days of Christmas"?
Hmmm... I suppose someone could say “Christmas golden” with the hope the receiver would understand the reference; I don’t think singing the clue would be allowed. :)

Tough subjects that round. Dick Clark often said “Get a picture”; I think that would have helped with “Red Fruits (Foods)”, at least.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 10:11:54 AM »
I don't know how true it is they're moving to a, well, more raunchy direction.

That said, I think I've said here before that bleeping an answer was very rare on the original "Pyramid." Maxene Fabe's book "The Game Show Book" did state one known instance, where Sandy Duncan was bleeped for a clue she gave for "Things That Are Stiff." (Use your imagination.)

(Sandy, BTW, was also known to have been the lone clue giver to break the straps to hold your hands during the WC gameplay, so as to discourage/stop hand-gesturing.)

Brian

From this week’s episode there was a thoroughly unnecessary item for things that follow other things. They didn’t really need to go there.

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2018, 10:06:22 PM »
The perfect clue for "murder, "_____, She Wrote."
November: "I'm the month Thanksgiving is in."
I totally did not expect Danielle to win the game and win $150,000.
$169,000 was won tonight. That's good.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2018, 10:12:58 PM »
On the July 15th episode: Here's something I don't remember seeing before in this version of Pyramid. The same Mystery 7 trip destination was offered in both the first and second half-hours. I also noticed that the main game subject titles were not revealed one by one as done earlier this season.

Concerning some of the Winner's Circle subjects: Good idea from Strahan to add "Mr" to "Travolta" for "Men named John"; under pressure I could only come up with "Kennedy" and "Brown". I too thought of "A movie theater" for "Things You Sneak Into", but I probably would have whispered the clue. Great clues for "Things You Cuddle (Snuggle)", but the word just didn't come to mind apparently. Perhaps the contestant should have also said "your girlfriend" or something to that effect.

Danielle was an excellent Pyramid player. Very clever saying "the exit one", "the entrance one", and "the sliding one" for "Types of Doors". Adding "hot" to "ice cream" for "Things That Melt" was smart. She also played the main game really well.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:22:08 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2018, 10:16:14 PM »
The perfect clue for "murder, "_____, She Wrote."
November: "I'm the month Thanksgiving is in."
I totally did not expect Danielle to win the game and win $150,000.
$169,000 was won tonight. That's good.
I thought her two Winner's Circle round subjects were pretty easy overall, especially those for $50K. She blasted through those. I'm also glad she didn't say "I'm the month after October"; I would have avoided that also for the possibility of being buzzed.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2018, 10:52:48 PM »
Things You Sneak Into was definitely a difficult subject. I would've said a movie theater, an R rated movie, a nightclub, a private party, and a private swimming pool.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2018, 11:01:48 PM »
Things You Sneak Into was definitely a difficult subject. I would've said a movie theater, an R rated movie, a nightclub, a private party, and a private swimming pool.
Very good thinking: including a couple of "private" clues.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:05:56 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2018, 10:08:03 PM »
On the July 22nd episode: If I had to choose one word to describe today's show, it would be "loud". I would even say "extremely so" compared to the Clark and Cullen versions. To be honest, I began to grow irritated with Donovan's behavior during his second main game round. Congratulations to him though on becoming another $150,000 winner.

I found his subjects for $100K pretty easy overall though ("Famous Jacksons" for $3000??). And kudos to Bobby Moynihan for getting "Things That Are Dark" with just one clue: "Space". I thought of "healthy chocolate" for that one.

Nina (from the second half-hour) was a very good player. Fantastic clues for "Types of Cups". She also gave my clue for "Things That Burst" (my/your "bubble" - "frozen pipes" from Strahan was excellent). And as a judge I would not have taken just "Cities" for "U.S. Ciites".   

And back to the main game: How was a clue of "not two hundred" acceptable for "300"?? ("Hundred" is part of the answer!)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 10:10:36 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2018, 10:17:30 PM »
Super Bowl: Halftime Show, The MVP, The Championship Trophy.
Yoga: The Lotus position, mats, music.
Hair: shampoo, conditioner, rollers, curling iron.
Rake: I'm the tool you use to gather leaves on the ground.
Burst: Bubble, frozen pipes, appendix.

$169,500 won tonight. That's great.
I wonder how much caffeine did Donovan consume that day.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2018, 10:22:52 PM »
Super Bowl: Halftime Show, The MVP, The Championship Trophy.
Yoga: The Lotus position, mats, music.
Hair: shampoo, conditioner, rollers, curling iron.
Rake: I'm the tool you use to gather leaves on the ground.
Burst: Bubble, frozen pipes, appendix.

Lotus and appendix; excellent clues I'd say. For hair, I included "comb" and "brush".

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2018, 11:04:23 PM »
I would've said "a broken dam" for Things that Burst. I'm guessing "an unlit room" would've been buzzed for Things that are Dark, what about "a photograph developing room"?

Offline WilliamPorygon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2018, 11:05:11 PM »
Did anyone beside's the show's writers think that "we the people" board was funny?   :-?

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2018, 11:32:14 PM »
I would've said "a broken dam" for Things that Burst. I'm guessing "an unlit room" would've been buzzed for Things that are Dark, what about "a photograph developing room"?
BUZZ!! (I would say). Break is a synonym for burst, and a broken dam has already burst. However, I think that last clue is an excellent one for "Things That Are Dark".

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2018, 10:46:31 PM »
True, I forgot about the synonym thing for broken and burst. The judging is a little more lenient on this version though.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2018, 07:54:23 AM »
True, I forgot about the synonym thing for broken and burst. The judging is a little more lenient on this version though.
Yeah, I don’t like the inconsistent judging. Note my previous comment on “hundred”, and the acceptance of “Things in a School” for “Things in a High School” & “Things on Paper” for “Types of Paper”. However, earlier this season a contestant in the Winner’s Circle was buzzed for saying “hard leather” (“Things That Are Tough” - synonym rule).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:00:04 AM by GameShowKid »