Author Topic: Pricing games for 2009  (Read 1046 times)

Offline tpir04

• In the Audience
Pricing games for 2009
« on: June 10, 2018, 11:37:16 PM »
I have been doing some research on the debuts of pricing games, and I have noticed that at least one pricing game was released every year, until 2009, then 2011 after that. I was just wondering if anyone knew the reason why.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Pricing games for 2009
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 06:05:15 AM »
Hi, you should probably look at it on a season basis vs. calendar year basis since that is how the show is planned out.  For example, Season 36 (07/08) didn't have any new games because it was Drew's first season and the producers felt he had to learn all the current games first.

Offline tpir04

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 06:48:04 PM »
Oh, I see. So it's not necessarily one calendar year because one year includes a part of one season and a part of the next season. I hadn't even thought of it like that. Thanks a lot!

Offline GobGlom

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 02:40:49 PM »
A typical 'broadcast season' is September through May with repeats around Christmas/New Year when sports take over daytime.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 09:05:38 PM »
A typical 'broadcast season' is September through May with repeats around Christmas/New Year when sports take over daytime.

No, it isn't.

Seasons typically run from late September through late June, often with a few additional episodes scattered throughout the summer.  The show generally goes into reruns for a week and a half starting on Thanksgiving, with the exception of Cyber Monday, and for most of the first week of March Madness.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Online Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 09:40:06 PM »
No, it isn't.

Seasons typically run from late September through late June, often with a few additional episodes scattered throughout the summer.  The show generally goes into reruns for a week and a half starting on Thanksgiving, with the exception of Cyber Monday, and for most of the first week of March Madness.

That's true for TPIR, but a typical "network" broadcast season is September through May. OP should have clarified that.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 01:56:51 AM »
That's true for TPIR,

Which is what we're talking about, so why are you adding a "but?"
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.