Author Topic: 5-Price Tags unexpected reveal  (Read 3749 times)

Offline Eddie

• Walking the Golden Road
    • #4234K: The very first show I attended
5-Price Tags unexpected reveal
« on: July 20, 2018, 02:19:00 AM »
We all know this game.  Guess whether 4 different products and true or false.  Each correct answer wins a chance to guess a car's price from an array of 5 tags, hence the name.

In this instance, the contestant guessed wrong but for some unexplaned reason after the first tag reveals "NO" another tag is removed without a guess, revealing the win.

Needless to say, the uniquely contestant was awarded the car.  Anyone know the recap for this?
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
Re: 5-Price Tags unexpected reveal
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 02:58:38 AM »
...Before I answer this, I have to know...

ARE YOU FOR REAL?!
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 03:33:58 AM »

ARE YOU FOR REAL?!

Can we please get a like button on this forum...

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 09:56:51 AM »
Can we please get a like button on this forum...
Request seconded. Seriously, that's almost up there with "Woolery left Wheel".

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 11:43:11 AM »
It was from the April 2, 2015 episode- a day after Bob's last appearance on the show. Here's the recap from the episode- http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,24661.0.html

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 11:53:50 AM »
It was from the April 2, 2015 episode- a day after Bob's last appearance on the show. Here's the recap from the episode- http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,24661.0.html

That was nice of you to do, JayC. I don't mind helping out posters, but the OP obviously didn't even try to look for himself before he posted. Just typing "Manuela TPiR" on Google or even doing a forum search would have given him the answer...and there's a small part of me that thinks the OP must have been living in a cave for three years if he's never heard of this until recently. I know of people that haven't seen a second of Price in years and still know about "That lady that messed up and gave away a car on The Price is Right."

Simply put: We don't mind answering questions but PLEASE search first!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:05:40 PM by Alfonzo »

Offline Eddie

• #4234K: The very first show I attended
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 06:44:40 PM »
Just typing "Manuela TPiR" on Google or even doing a forum search would have given him the answer...and there's a small part of me that thinks the OP must have been living in a cave for three years if he's never heard of this until recently.
To be honest I don't get to watch TPIR on TV when it airs.  I normally only get to read the recaps but I don't remember reading about this one.  I am aware of a Flip/Flop playing where the contestant prematurely pressed the reveal button, showing the guess was wrong. Bob ultimately gave the prize anyway.  So things like this are not unheard of.
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 07:21:19 PM »
Be that as it may, you really need to do a little research before you make a post like that. The time it took you to start the tread and post the link could have easily been used to look up the info yourself. You're not a newbie here, so I'm not handling you with kid gloves.

Offline Tateman

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 08:17:29 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something, but could somebody explain what true harm was done here? The post didn't cost us or the admins any extra money. It took up a space on a front page that has very few new posts. The worst that could come of it is that you might have to scroll past it. Or, look at it, and avoid clicking.

Again, I might be missing some earth-shattering issue, but is there a reason why we can't be welcoming of new non-trolling posts? Just because it's not new to us, doesn't mean that it's not new to somebody else.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 12:39:55 AM »
I might be missing some earth-shattering issue, but is there a reason why we can't be welcoming of new non-trolling posts?  Just because it's not new to us, doesn't mean that it's not new to somebody else.

I agree with Tateman.

The time it took you to start the tread and post the link could have easily been used to look up the info yourself.

And the time it took to write this:

ARE YOU FOR REAL?!

...could have easily been used to answer the original question, followed up with a friendly suggestion that Google is an excellent resource for future inquiries of this nature.

I know of people that haven't seen a second of Price in years and still know about "That lady that messed up and gave away a car on The Price is Right."

That doesn't mean EVERYBODY knows about her.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline Trivia Trap

• Thinks Hes Seen Finish Line
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 12:45:17 PM »
My god, I thought that it said "5 Price Tags Unexpectedly Retired" at first. Phew. Luckily it was just this.