Author Topic: Fortune hunter myth  (Read 1815 times)

Offline rowlande

• In Contestant's Row
Fortune hunter myth
« on: June 16, 2018, 01:24:21 AM »
The October 13 1999 episode of TPIR is on YouTube where fortune hunter was played and won. So that should debunked the lie that fortune hunter was lost throughout season 28 leading towards its retirement. There had to have been another reason

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: Fortune hunter myth
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 12:13:29 PM »
Coming from someone who liked Fortune Hunter and wish it had lasted longer: One data point doesn’t disprove an overall trend.

So that should debunked the lie that fortune hunter was lost throughout season 28 leading towards its retirement. There had to have been another reason

This is loaded, accusatory language. There’s jumping to conclusions, and then there’s cannonballing into them.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 12:17:36 PM »
Fortune Hunter's main problem was that it could be won purely with guessing rather than actual pricing knowledge; a contestant could pick the wrong prize each time but still win as long as they didn't eliminate the prize with the cash. I liked the game for its reveal and the opening of the box, but it was otherwise flawed.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 12:56:08 PM »
This isn't MythBusters, it's just a simple correction, rowlande. You might want to calm down on the hyperbole when you start a thread.

The reason Fortune Hunter was retired: It wasn't won enough. One win wasn't going to  stop it from being put on the chopping block.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline rowlande

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 02:04:54 PM »
I know it wasn’t won enough but i remember someone saying it was lost every time it was played during season 28. Which was not true that’s all

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 03:06:08 PM »
I know it wasn’t won enough but i remember someone saying it was lost every time it was played during season 28. Which was not true that’s all

You felt the need to create an entire thread just to debunk a comment you once saw? :confused:

Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker