Author Topic: To Tell the Truth  (Read 3388 times)

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
To Tell the Truth
« on: June 25, 2018, 08:02:18 PM »
How do you guys like Anthony Anderson's version compared to the previous versions?  And a former host was on last night's panel - Alex Trebek!

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
Re: To Tell the Truth
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 08:09:56 PM »
How do you guys like Anthony Anderson's version compared to the previous versions?  And a former host was on last night's panel - Alex Trebek!
What do you mean that Alex is a FORMER host? He's still hosting Jeopardy. So that would NOT make him a FORMER host.
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »
What do you mean that Alex is a FORMER host?
He hosted To Tell The Truth in 1991.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 08:15:21 PM »
I think it is terrible. Too jokey for no reason and not nearly enough serious questions to decipher the real person.

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 10:54:20 PM »

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 04:34:38 AM »
I find it to be a lot of fun, and a quite enjoyable modern update to the format. It moves quickly, doesn't take itself too seriously and has gotten consistently funnier over the three seasons.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 04:40:22 AM »
It might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I enjoy the current To Tell the Truth. At least Anthony Anderson, like Garry Moore before him, is engaging as a host and not merely a traffic cop with a podium. I also think Mama Doris is hilarious and very bright. She has a great knack of finding the person telling the truth. I find this version far more entertaining than Robin Ward's or John O'Hurley's...and DEFINITELY better than Lynn Swann's!
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 10:15:38 AM »
I was actually wondering if the producer had changed since the early ones. It's seems more like its predecessors than before, its smoother and actually quite good.

But those first ones...were pretty rough. It was like it didn't know what it wanted to be.

Offline drwhovill

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 10:24:39 AM »
There's a lot of stuff I like about it. The celebrities are not sitting behind the table. Anthony gets to ask questions too. His mother is on the show and gets to participate a lot. During the introduction of the contestants, when they say who they are pretending to be, they leave out the names. After the real person stands up, the imposters reveal who they really are and what their relation is to the real story. I also really enjoy how they give scores to see who the big winner is, and who gets humiliated, plus the involvement of Mama during a tie.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 10:53:16 AM »
I was actually wondering if the producer had changed since the early ones. It's seems more like its predecessors than before, its smoother and actually quite good.

But those first ones...were pretty rough. It was like it didn't know what it wanted to be.

Tell me about it! That house band HAD to go! Talk about addition by subtraction!
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 04:19:12 PM »
I think it is terrible. Too jokey for no reason and not nearly enough serious questions to decipher the real person.
It's not really meant to be a serious game show like the previous versions (original to John O'Hurley's). It's more of a comedy panel show now. I'm not that into either but it can be entertaining at times.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 09:29:56 PM »
There's a lot of stuff I like about it. The celebrities are not sitting behind the table. Anthony gets to ask questions too. His mother is on the show and gets to participate a lot. During the introduction of the contestants, when they say who they are pretending to be, they leave out the names. After the real person stands up, the imposters reveal who they really are and what their relation is to the real story. I also really enjoy how they give scores to see who the big winner is, and who gets humiliated, plus the involvement of Mama during a tie.

Most of what you wrote is what I hate about it. I stopped watching because it is so bad.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 09:44:46 PM »
Not to your taste doesn’t equate to bad.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 08:40:49 PM »
Not to your taste doesn’t equate to bad.

Considering bad is a matter of opinion, yes it does.