Author Topic: Why do you watch TPIR?  (Read 4442 times)

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Why do you watch TPIR?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 07:25:16 AM »
I no longer do.

I don't feel like it's the show I grew up with. It feels too much like a sequel of the original that's become fraught with gimmicks and screaming people who act like they've never even heard of the show and have had far too much caffeine while waiting in line.

If I know something unusual happened, I'll check it out online. But it's no longer a regular part of my daily viewing.

That said, I wish the show the best and hope it hits the 50th-year mark and beyond. I certainly don't want to see it crash and burn at all. It's just drifted a bit too far away from what I enjoyed about it years ago for me to make a habit out of it these days. (That's true of most modern shows, as a matter of fact.)

Well said, Patrick. Your statement reflects my thoughts exactly. I was able to accept the changes when Bob became executive producer, when Rod was hired, and later when Janice and Kathleen were terminated. But the changes made today are, in my opinion, making the show a parody of itself. The Millennials today may never remember the show the way it was but we sure do.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 07:14:03 PM »
I no longer do.

I don't feel like it's the show I grew up with. It feels too much like a sequel of the original that's become fraught with gimmicks and screaming people who act like they've never even heard of the show and have had far too much caffeine while waiting in line.

If I know something unusual happened, I'll check it out online. But it's no longer a regular part of my daily viewing.

That said, I wish the show the best and hope it hits the 50th-year mark and beyond. I certainly don't want to see it crash and burn at all. It's just drifted a bit too far away from what I enjoyed about it years ago for me to make a habit out of it these days. (That's true of most modern shows, as a matter of fact.)

Same here, except I won’t even watch clips online. I haven’t watched since 2009. Get a new host, and get rid of the fakeness, and maybe I will try again.

Offline ThePriceIsRightFanStudio

• Outside in Line
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 06:14:57 PM »
The cues and other music from various packages used. Surprising quality, for something produced on a near-50-year game show.