Author Topic: What is the process for PG retirement?  (Read 5526 times)

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: What is the process for PG retirement?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 11:56:59 PM »
Please then explain why Super Saver was retired?
Well, it was retired because Bob screwed up the rules, but he was notified of it and it affected the game differently than the MYM mess up. That mess up in MYM ended up giving the contestant more than they deserved, while the Super Saver incident disadvantaged the player since they were under the assumption that they could no longer win after finding the marked up product.

In addition, Drew shares no hand in the final say of how the show is run (and especially not back then). That's not to say that his suggestions and concerns aren't taken under legitimate advisement, but more to say that he is not the Executive Producer of the show. Bob was, and he figured that if he could mess up so easily and potentially cost the show $2K+ in a prize package each time, it was best not to keep Super Saver around. Disappointed in his decision, it's a fun game and a lot games that should be simple can be bungled by anybody.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2018, 01:28:39 AM »
One of these days, I need to do some more digging into $uper $aver...the explanation doesn't seem to mesh with the actual game outcomes, and I've long questioned whether Roger might be confusing it with something else that happened in the game's history (there were a couple earlier periods where it disappeared for extended periods for no apparent reason).
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2018, 09:23:30 AM »
One of these days, I need to do some more digging into $uper $aver...the explanation doesn't seem to mesh with the actual game outcomes, and I've long questioned whether Roger might be confusing it with something else that happened in the game's history
According to this post from 2015 (a set of notes on things Roger said during a Stu's Show interview)...

• $uper $aver – CBS came to Bob to change his wording of how he explained the game, rather than do so Bob had it retired
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.