Author Topic: Reliable source for the number of 1972-1980 nighttime episodes?  (Read 1977 times)

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
The Wikipedia article on the show has had a "citation needed" tag on the number of nighttime episodes for almost six years. Someone inserted a ref for a post on this site, which was reverted on the grounds that "fan sites are not verifiable." I think it's universally acknowledged that there were 300 nighttime episodes over eight seasons (five years/195 eps with James, three years/105 eps with Barker). I just need to be able to cite an authoritative source. Thanks.

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• In Contestant's Row
  • Third person to ever see the new studio
Re: Reliable source for the number of 1972-1980 nighttime episodes?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 11:51:14 PM »
I'd say that the information on here is very reliable, considering it came from a former staffer at TPIR who went through the boxes of documentation for 8 years of episodes. But Wikipedia is Wikipedia -- sometimes irritatingly so, especially when you have a perfectly valid and sound source but the editors dismiss it.

Other than that, I'd say that the closest authoritative source would be the slate for the final episode of the series. "This is The Price Is Right, production number 300N. Bye-bye! Take one."
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 01:19:41 PM »
Both 70's and 80's Syndicated versions each had 300 and 170 episodes respectively.

Not sure of the 90's one have 100 episodes.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 01:34:16 PM »
Both 70's and 80's Syndicated versions each had 300 and 170 episodes respectively.
The first run had 301 episodes (as one early episode had been scrapped and replaced) and one pitchfilm. The Kennedy version did indeed have 170 episodes.

Not sure of the 90's one have 100 episodes.
The Davidson version appears to have had 80 episodes, not including the pilots produced in 1993.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.