Author Topic: Updates on the lines?  (Read 11840 times)

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Updates on the lines?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 11:19:31 AM »
I have to admit, I'm not completely surprised by chargerchick's statement that they're not getting complete lines.  Why?  Because when people were asking for certain tape dates that had no tickets left, CBS sent tickets for different dates.  So it's possible a whole bunch of people got tickets for dates they were never able to use.  So some tape dates will have ridiculous lines, some won't fill.  Just a guess.

Offline adampyl

• 5/16/07
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 06:56:39 PM »
Indeed, Bear 3.  Indeed :-D

Offline MissMurder

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 02:05:21 PM »
I was busy requesting tickets for an entire week and getting the online tickets as well just to be sure.

Offline webguyaz

• Outside in Line
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 08:56:08 PM »
well i'm glad to hear about the lines. who knows, maybe i'll get to see both tapings on the monday i go.

Offline Canuck00

• Outside in Line
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 10:28:53 PM »
OK, here's the question, which is basically just a new update on the same topic. We are from Canada and have tickets for the taping on May 23rd. Several thousand dollars later, I want to be sure we get in. This is my wife's lifelong dream.

What time is the absoulte earliest we can be there, without being confused for the prior taping (Tuesday). Or, if an update is available, that too would be appreciated.

One last thing. Where exactly does the line begin?

Thanks!

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 10:38:48 PM »
What time is the absoulte earliest we can be there, without being confused for the prior taping (Tuesday). Or, if an update is available, that too would be appreciated.

One last thing. Where exactly does the line begin?

They give out Order of Arrival Slips at 6:00 AM  - at which point the line for that day's show moves from outside of the gates into the audience holding area inside of the gates. If you arrive after OOA passes are given out for hte Tuesday show, you probably won't be confused for the prior taping.

The entrance to the Audience Holding Area (where you line up) is on Fairfax Avenue, one-half block South of Beverly Blvd. The line begins right next to a driveway with a Guard Gate and Ticket Booth.

Offline MissMurder

• In the Audience
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 01:59:48 AM »
Canuck00: My best advice is to try to be there the night before the taping (the 22nd) possibly around sunset. The last time I attended (which was on February 14th), I arrived at midnight and got Priority Number 49. So I know it'll be a little crazier since it is in May.

The line begins at the opening of the Studio gates by the Ticket booth on Fairfax Avenue. Which is right across the street from the overpriced bagel shop. You won't miss it. I guarantee people will already be waiting.

I'm also attending the show on May 23rd. Hope to see you there!

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 02:53:13 PM »
Will be there on the 17th and cannot wait!

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 03:55:47 PM »
I am surprised by the comments too...

And more than a little disgusted (I'll save some of that for when I get back from our next taping and can talk a little more about the 50 Years celebration taping we were at...)...

Offline Brewer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 06:56:10 PM »
When I arrived at 9:30pm the line was reaching Orange Grove.  Security told us the line was approx. 175 at the bus stop by the corner and I estimated myself to be around 200th in line.  I ended up with OOA number 272 and priority number 88 for the second taping on April 30th.

Based on 175 at the bus stop and myself at 200, I counted around 400 people in line at 5am.  Obviously that was off so it was likely 500-550.  Whatever the count, show up early.  Better to be safe than sorry.

Offline Canuck00

• Outside in Line
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 08:08:39 PM »
OK, great advice, thanks to all!

Just a couple more questions.

1) I noticed it says no backpacks, so I assume we can bring some chairs, a little cooler and some blankets? Is that the accepted method? Are we allowed to bring these in or do we pitch them in the dumpster before entering the studio? (We don't want to look like the goofy tourists that we really are! LOL...)

2) I am a bit confused. If you get OOA number 272, shouldn't you get priority number 272? How did you get 88?

Sorry for the forensic questions, we only have one shot at this in our lifetime and we want this dream to come true, so I don't to leave room for failure. We figure we will be on line about 5:00 pm Tues for the Wed 23rd taping. Hopefully, that will do it.

Thanks for ALL your advice and help folks.

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 09:12:22 PM »
1) I noticed it says no backpacks, so I assume we can bring some chairs, a little cooler and some blankets? Is that the accepted method? Are we allowed to bring these in or do we pitch them in the dumpster before entering the studio? (We don't want to look like the goofy tourists that we really are! LOL...)

Sure, you can bring whatever you need while waiting for OOA slips.  At 6 AM you'll get your OOA slips, then you can put away whatever you have in your car/hotel room, etc. because you don't have to return until 8 AM to get your priority number. You won't be able to bring your stuff onto CBS property though.

2) I am a bit confused. If you get OOA number 272, shouldn't you get priority number 272? How did you get 88?

There's two tapings on Monday, so he got a priority number for the second taping.  For days with two tapings, you get a priority number for either taping based on your ticket, or if you have tickets for both you can choose which one you want a priority number for.

Offline Canuck00

• Outside in Line
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 10:47:15 PM »

Voltron291 wrote:
There's two tapings on Monday, so he got a priority number for the second taping.  For days with two tapings, you get a priority number for either taping based on your ticket, or if you have tickets for both you can choose which one you want a priority number for.

ah! I get it. So all things considered he did very well for the second taping.

There is no way we're going to risk missing, so anyone else that is going to be there, we'll be the couple at the front of the line looking like a couple of tired, wore out Canadians!  :-)

One last Thanks for all your advice everyone. Without your help and advice, we surely would have blown this mission. We originally were thinking we were going to beat the lineup and show up at about 4 am. We would have been pretty upset.

Can't wait to camp out with you all!

Canuck00

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 11:38:37 PM »

Canuck00 wrote:
ah! I get it. So all things considered he did very well for the second taping.

For whatever reason, more people show up for the first taping than the second on Mondays.  Robert and I were 29 and 30 in line and got priority numbers 9 and 10.  (Of course, I knew this in advance, and probably would have tried for the second taping anyway since it's easier to get good seats (had we not been forced into the second taping by only receiving tickets for it).)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline chargerchick

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 11:31:35 AM »
Just to let you know, When we went the line was heading up towards Beverly instead of towards Farmer's market! They started doing this since the line forms so early now, and they do tape other shows during the day, and they have them line up at the little gate for those. The line still starts on Fairfax, it's just on the otherside of the drive-in gate. Get there early Canada, and set the tone. Once people see someone lining up, they'll get in line too. WE were "laughed" at by the people who were first in line the day before, and told that, "we were wasting our time being there that early!" since they hadn't gotten there till almost 4:00pm for thier show, (we got there at 6:20am day before.) But after people saw us in line, it didn't take long for them to set up after us. So by 4:00, there was a very good line! Even though it never got to length I expected, we had so much fun being there early (you get to know everyone!). I would expect a much bigger crowd by the time your show tapes. bring an air mattress, sleeping bags, bring it all! You can park right across the street, and get stuff out of your car as needed. You just have to feed the meter every hour (only 50 cents!) from 8am-6pm, then it's free! You will have to move your car to the Farmer's market parking after your done waiting in line, as you will be in there for hours! Good luck.