Author Topic: Updates on the lines?  (Read 11843 times)

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Updates on the lines?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 02:29:10 PM »
I still don't think it's common knowledge that one has to arrive before sunset, or am I wrong?  The reason I say this is b/c the ticket itself says nothing about it, and most people probably don't go to great length to find out what time they should REALLY get there.

Offline Canuck00

• Outside in Line
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 11:23:06 PM »

chargerchick wrote:
bring an air mattress, sleeping bags, bring it all! You can park right across the street, and get stuff out of your car as needed. You just have to feed the meter every hour (only 50 cents!) from 8am-6pm, then it's free! You will have to move your car to the Farmer's market parking after your done waiting in line, as you will be in there for hours! Good luck.

What a great idea! We will park nearby. My wife and I are starting to look forward to the line up itself, kind of a thing we can say we did! Parking near is a great idea, we'll be sure to do that. Our hotel is walking distance, but this is a better idea. I think I will leave the barbecue and steaks at home though.. :lol:
Thanks for all your advice everyone. We hope to meet some of you there!

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2007, 07:10:07 PM »
How far is Dodger Stadium from CBS Television City?  I already looked up the miles, but how many minutes is the drive (factoring in traffic)?  The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of going to a game before getting in line that evening.  Would I be risking it by doing that?  Should I just drop the game, because TPIR takes priority, and I don't wanna miss out.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2007, 09:58:43 PM »
mlh, I would done one of the following:

1. Go with friends, and have a friend who hates baseball save your spot in line while you go to the game, or...

2. Go to TPIR, THEN go see the Dodgers.

I would not take a chance on going to the game first (unless you have someone marking your spot in line for you). With a night game not ending until well past 10, might be pushing it on that alone (especially if we get a nutso line for that show). Plus, getting out of the parking lot of Dodger Stadium is a nightmare. When my father and I went to a game a few years ago, it took us 40-50 minutes just to get out of the parking lot.

If TPIR is that much of a priority, I'd seriously consider doing a game after the taping.

Just my thoughts.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline webguyaz

• Outside in Line
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 11:01:26 PM »
so is there any update from the lines this past week?

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2007, 11:04:03 PM »
so is there any update from the lines this past week?

There weren't any tapings last week. I think with the influx of tickets from eBay and what they are going for may affect the time when people start getting in line.

Offline Canuck00

• Outside in Line
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2007, 11:37:25 PM »
How many tickets are actually issued? I have e-tickets, should I be exchanging those for real tickets or are these good enough?
My thought is taht these lines could have been largely avoided if they only provided 300 tickets and then maybe 50 stand-bys? I take it filling the studio isn't an issue, so I have to wonder what I am missing.

Thanks again all.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2007, 11:41:06 PM »
Canuck00 wrote:

How many tickets are actually issued? I have e-tickets, should I be exchanging those for real tickets or are these good enough?

Usually, tickets are issued in excess of studio capacity, but your e-tickets are good.  You'll have to exchange them with the pages to get your Priority/Stand-by numbers.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2007, 11:51:46 PM »
There's no difference between a "regular" ticket and an e-ticket.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2007, 11:53:22 PM »

My thought is taht these lines could have been largely avoided if they only provided 300 tickets and then maybe 50 stand-bys? I take it filling the studio isn't an issue, so I have to wonder what I am missing.

Tickets are issued in an excess capacity to ensure a full taping.  During a regular taping, groups of 20-25 are booked in advance and guaranteed seating if they show up during processing to ensure a full taping, but since the demand for tickets is very high due to Bob's upcoming retirement, groups aren't accepted anymore.

If there are only 300 tickets distributed, and only 150 show up to the taping - then you don't have a full taping.  If they only distributed 300 tickets, there's no way to ensure that every ticket distributed gets used, and therefore you could end up with less than a full audience.  The last thing they want to do is pay people on the street just to watch the taping and ensure a full audience.  The long lines for recent tapings are directly because of Bob's impending retirement.

Your e-tickets carry the same value as a regular ticket. You'll exchange it for a priority number just as you would exchange a paper ticket for a priority number.

Offline drewdawg199

• Outside in Line
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007, 06:54:49 AM »
Hi all, I've been reading your site for quite a while but I am going to TPIR this Thursday.

As for the lines, I just got off the phone with Ted at Farmers Daughter, he said the line for today's show (Tuesday), started Sunday afternoon/night.

You guys think if I'm in line by about 2pm on Wednesday I can get into the Thursday show?

thanks

Offline megvela

• In the Audience
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2007, 01:44:40 PM »
I believe you will still make it.  For the Million Dollar Spectacular, we lined up Saturday afternoon for the Monday taping.  People who arrived 1am Monday still made it.  So I think, 2pm on Wednesday for the Thursday taping is still good.  Good luck!!!

Offline megvela

• In the Audience
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2007, 01:57:39 PM »
There was no taping last Monday (April 30), some people were already there weekend to watch the taping on Tuesday.  Most people would want to make sure that they get in, and the earlier you are in line, the higher your chances are, and you will get one of the best seats, middle section, rows closest to the stage.  

It's really crazy, but it is all worth it based on our experience (last April 14-16).  Anyway, we went to LA primarily to watch the taping.

Offline webguyaz

• Outside in Line
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2007, 07:22:55 PM »
does anyone know about how many tickets they give out per taping?

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2007, 07:26:34 PM »

webguyaz wrote:
does anyone know about how many tickets they give out per taping?

The word I've always heard was that about two thousand are printed for each show.  That was years ago.  I don't know if that's still the case.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.