Author Topic: Family Feud question.  (Read 6993 times)

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
Family Feud question.
« on: July 17, 2018, 07:33:47 PM »
Anyone know when the last solo 200 point win took place in Fast Money?

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: Family Feud question.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 08:21:30 PM »
It happened at least twice in Dawson's return season in 1994-1995. Once during a civilian episode, and another during a soap star special.

As far as I know, nobody in the current run of Feud has won Fast Money by themselves, though we've had people come close on occasion.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:27:49 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 08:51:14 PM »
As far as I know, nobody in the current run of Feud has won Fast Money by themselves, though we've had people come close on occasion.
And as far as I've heard, in the current run (i.e. since 1999) they've always chosen the five Fast Money questions to use, such that the number ones will never add to 200, thus making the feat impossible to accomplish nowadays.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 10:36:06 PM »

From what I looked up, the record for the current era is 196: https://www.littlethings.com/band-perry-family-feud/

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 11:06:06 PM »
Yeah, good luck with that happening nowadays with all those 25 and 30 point number one answers for questions they currently use.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 01:30:00 AM »
thus making the feat impossible to accomplish nowadays.
I would therefore quite like to see what would happen if the first player happened to strike out.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 02:45:37 AM »
I would therefore quite like to see what would happen if the first player happened to strike out.
Probably Steve cranking up the snark for the second player, stopping short of telling them they're playing for $5 a point at that point.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 03:34:57 AM »
From what I looked up, the record for the current era is 196: https://www.littlethings.com/band-perry-family-feud/

I believe I saw someone on Celebrity Family Feud last year or in 2016 reach 197 points on their own.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 07:28:56 AM »
IMO having the five number ones total between about 170 and 195 or so is the most reasonable solution since Fast Money is designed to have both players come up with answers in only to win the top prize. When you get below 150, it just becomes too difficult to do. As a side question to this thread, what is the lowest known combined total for all the #1's in Fast Money?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:42:48 AM by pannoni1 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 09:22:21 AM »
And as far as I've heard, in the current run (i.e. since 1999) they've always chosen the five Fast Money questions to use, such that the number ones will never add to 200, thus making the feat impossible to accomplish nowadays.

I recall exactly ONE occurrence in the Harvey version where Harvey remarked that if the first contestant had come up with one more #1 answer, then she would’ve gotten 200 all by herself. It shocked me because I thought it definitely wasn’t possible.

Offline IncoG5nito

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 11:34:22 PM »
I believe I saw someone on Celebrity Family Feud last year or in 2016 reach 197 points on their own.
On that note, has any family NOT won the $25K on Celebrity?  They make Fast Money (if not the upfront game) wayyyyy too easy and make the banter between Steve and the celebrities more important than the actual gameplay.

I'm fine with all the number ones hardly (if ever) adding up to 200 anymore, although it would be nice to see every once in a while.  No one could ever match how Combs handled it, but I certainly wonder how Steve would react.  The thing I REALLY don't like is the very obvious difficulty spikes that come into play once a family wins the $20,000... and if they manage to do it twice, they plow head-on into Donnymid territory.  IMO it's just as easy (if not easier) to tell when they've set up Fast Money for a win or a loss as TPIR does with pricing games.  It's interesting to note especially during the Big Money Tournament when they're building the jackpot you see a bunch of 50+ pointers and questions like "Name a color in a traffic light" - note that Fast Money was NEVER lost during those episodes - but when a family has $40K you might see something like "On a scale of 1 to 10, how good does a postage stamp taste?" with a number one answer of like 27.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:39:55 PM by IncoG5nito »
IncoG5nito
Formerly of the "Game Show Fiesta"

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 04:15:38 PM »
On that note, has any family NOT won the $25K on Celebrity?  They make Fast Money (if not the upfront game) wayyyyy too easy and make the banter between Steve and the celebrities more important than the actual gameplay.
Yes, there were at least a couple of families that did not win the $25,000. They're made easier than in the regular show since it's for charity.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 06:22:17 PM »
Speaking of #1 answers, anyone know what the lowest number of points for such an answer is?

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 03:41:26 AM »
Don’t know about Fast Money, but I have seen #1 answers in the main game worth less than 20. 17 sticks out in my head, but I can’t confirm it.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 07:50:17 AM »
Don’t know about Fast Money, but I have seen #1 answers in the main game worth less than 20. 17 sticks out in my head, but I can’t confirm it.

I’ve seen 13 before, I believe.