Author Topic: Season 47 Schedule Time!  (Read 17553 times)

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Season 47 Schedule Time!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 12:58:32 PM »
The Family Reunion Special sounds like they may take a cue from Barker's Truth or Consequences. Could require a box of Kleenex if they do.
How would they do that?  Have every person that comes up on stage be reunited with someone (and keep in mind that a lot of the reunions were surprise returns from active duty of military personnel stationed overseas), and then tell the three that didn't make it up, "Sorry, but your long-distant relatives are being sent back home without meeting you"?

I assume it will be more along the lines of, families (2-3 adults, presumably) who normally live quite a distance apart will be contestants together (as a "team").  Expect at least one "family reunion vacation" to be a prize.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »
They had a family reunion Christmas Week episode in season 45. It was just family members playing - notably, a grandmother and two granddaughters who won Triple Play.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 09:20:58 PM »
Does Drew's 2000th episode as host air this coming season?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 10:11:57 PM »
Does Drew's 2000th episode as host air this coming season?

Drew's 2,000th show happened back on February 13, so no.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 12:23:13 AM »
How would they do that? 

They already screen test contestants around the country, so it wouldn't difficult to find a family or two with a serviceman serving overseas, stick 'em behind the Big Doors at the right moment, and have them model a car. If Ellen can pull it off, so can Price.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 09:24:35 AM »
it wouldn't difficult to find a family or two with a serviceman serving overseas, stick 'em behind the Big Doors at the right moment, and have them model a car. If Ellen can pull it off, so can Price.
And then none of those particular families get onstage. What then, hm?
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 09:52:47 AM »
Why would it be necessary for them to win their way on stage? Being reunited with a family member they probably haven't seen in over at year or two seems like prize enough.

Get your nose outta the air.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 03:26:52 PM »
Why would it be necessary for them to win their way on stage? Being reunited with a family member they probably haven't seen in over at year or two seems like prize enough.
I do not disagree with the latter sentence, but you said to have the serviceman "model a car", which is generally not offered for One-Bids. To have a reunion where the serviceman is modeling a car for a pricing game and their family is still in Contestant's Row would seem rather awkward to me, and I would instead have the serviceman model the One-Bid prize immediately after their family is called down.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 03:30:57 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 04:12:26 PM »
They already screen test contestants around the country, so it wouldn't difficult to find a family or two with a serviceman serving overseas, stick 'em behind the Big Doors at the right moment, and have them model a car. If Ellen can pull it off, so can Price.
The man who gave Bob Barker his big break used to do surprise reunions all the time. I'd say Price isn't Ellen, Ellen can straight up rig who she wants to call up for whatever at her show because whatever game they're going to play isn't important and only serves as a framing device. Price is a game show. I think the idea of maybe choosing a family or two and springing a surprise on them either if they made it on stage or, if they didn't, before SCSD2 could be plausible though.

That said, I agree that, more than likely, by "Family Reunion" they mean they'll have two or more generations represented in pairs, trios or more.

Went to the first taping of Season 47 a couple of weeks ago (as well as the 3rd and 5th) and it was pretty fun. Standard shows, but each one has a little surprise that I and my friends weren't expecting. I'd say the only real changes to the show are that the square in back of the center audience section has changed to blue with a yellow border around a dollar sign and a new pull apart for the IUFB reveal. It looks like a cut out of the hexagons on homebase with three layers of colors (yellow, green and blue?) surrounding a dollar sign.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2018, 06:04:05 PM »
Based on OCA , the Monday show for kids week will be based around preschoolers ( 4-5 years old )

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2018, 09:43:21 AM »
The show's website has officially posted the rundown for Kids Week ( preschool , elementary , middle school , high school , college kids ) 

Offline bonkers77

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2018, 02:17:38 AM »
what is it "First Responders Special" ?

Offline bonkers77

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2018, 02:19:06 AM »
01/14 is 9.000th Episode?!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2018, 03:01:07 AM »
what is it "First Responders Special" ?

http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/The_Price_is_Right#

September 18th at 9am: First Responder's Special! Calling all First Responders! The Price Is Right is taping a special show honoring Firefighters, Police Officers, Paramedics, ER Nurses, ER Staff, and 911 Operators on Tuesday, September 18th, at 9:00am! You’ve done your part to help people and make America a safer place, and now to show our appreciation, we want you to Come On Down to play for fantastic prizes!
Everyone must be over 18 and all eligibility rules apply.

...no?

The 9,000th show isn't until June 7.  There's plenty of time between then and now for them to change something.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2018, 03:16:52 AM »

No, it isn't.  Where did you even come up with that?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.