Author Topic: Best way to get tickets?  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
Best way to get tickets?
« on: August 07, 2018, 09:21:59 PM »
I'm planning a trip out to the LA area and TPiR is a must. What's the best way to get tickets for a show that far out in advance? Is there a way besides waiting till it pops up on OCA?
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Online whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Best way to get tickets?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:29:46 PM »
I'm not sure if you can still write in a request for tickets, which was the case prior to Bob's retirement. Is that still a viable option?
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 09:35:47 PM »
I was actually testing that tomorrow just to see if it still works. I doubt it but there's no harm in trying!
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline SanAnMan

• In Contestant's Row
  • Always look on the bright side of life.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 08:47:14 AM »

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 05:58:34 PM »
I don't believe you can write in for tickets anymore. OCA handles ticketing now.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 06:52:49 PM »
Well the letter's been dropped off at the post office already, so we'll know soon enough...

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 09:02:41 AM »
I'm not exactly sure when mailing for tickets stopped, as the FAQ still mentions the mailing method. Since the phone as a method was added shortly into Drew's tenure, I believe that's perhaps when mailing ended. But I don't use the phone much these days since you rarely get a real person on the other side of the line. When I visited a taping in 2015, I used OCA. Just wait for an email reply, print the tickets, bring them out while in line, and there you have it. Mailing for tickets in general ended around the turn of this century, though TPIR of course was still doing them as recently as the end of the Barker era. One thing though that I'd like to see is if you could just use your smartphone then have a code ready from an OCA app so that the pages can scan it rather than bringing a piece of paper.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 12:27:16 AM »
I'm not exactly sure when mailing for tickets stopped, as the FAQ still mentions the mailing method.

I asked Scott once whether writing for tickets would still work, and his response was basically, "Probably not, but that's a good question."  I decided to leave it in because we have no hard proof (yet) that it won't work and dammit, I put effort into formatting that address. :P
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline gaubster2

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 09:31:40 PM »
OCA just (finally) updated their September schedule yesterday (8/16).  We will be attending the 1PM Monday, 9/17 taping.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 12:13:32 PM »
UPDATE: It's been over a month and no reply. Not even a return letter saying the address is dead. I think it's safe to say mail is no longer a way to get tickets.

Offline GobGlom

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 03:02:41 PM »
UPDATE: It's been over a month and no reply. Not even a return letter saying the address is dead. I think it's safe to say mail is no longer a way to get tickets.

It does sound like OCA handles it all.

On a side note, the old familiar ticket plug used CBS Television City's actual address and that isn't dead yet!