Author Topic: shows with the best transition to the bonus round  (Read 5749 times)

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: shows with the best transition to the bonus round
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 07:43:51 PM »
Trebek Double Dare was cool when the panel lifted to reveal the spoilers.

How about Pitfall?

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 08:59:52 PM »
There's also this interesting transition from B&E's largely-forgotten Play The Percentages (at about 9:36):

I believe they abandoned that movable rising floor prop after a few weeks due to problems with the mechanics.  The card-shaped doors that covered the game board on the Eubanks version of Card Sharks originally flipped over at an angle during the bonus round, but that was also abandoned fairly early on.

Offline Bluescreen_ODeff

• In Contestant's Row
  • Owe love...and owe love.
    • The Sweeping Developer
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 01:31:50 AM »
My vote is for UK Bullseye, when the contestant is making the decision to go for the star prize, while the board rotates behind him.
Ecclesiastes 12:13

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 09:58:55 AM »
My vote is Supermarket Sweep. It is always interesting to see how they do it from day to day.

Offline bluedevil

• Outside in Line
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 01:29:43 AM »
ABC's Split Second with Tom Kennedy where the day's winner would meet Tom down center stage and the set would split and slide open revealing the five cars.

Triple Threat with Jim Lange where Jim and both teams walk down stage as the set rotates to reveal the board for the "Triple Threat Relay."

Lifetime's Rodeo Drive with Louise DuArt where Louise and the day's winner would stand on the left side of the front portion of the set and the set would slide open for the "stroll down Rodeo Drive."

NBC's Go where both the scoreboard would raise and the entire stage platform would start rotating around for the "Jackpot" bonus round - wondered how long it took to rotate since it was never shown rotated completely around.

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2018, 05:25:19 AM »
And on Eubanks/Rafferty CS, the contestant area turned around to reveal the Money Cards board w/accompanying change-card holders (both were on the same swivel podium)

Offline bluedevil

• Outside in Line
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2018, 04:37:54 AM »
NBC's I'm Telling where the entire stage platform rotates around from the main game area to reveal the "pick-a-prize arcade."

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2018, 06:41:09 PM »
Blockbusters simple podium swing back smaller podium later a simple lever handle on the Rafferty version

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2018, 06:54:31 AM »
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I love it on Scrabble when the winner of the crossword round and Chuck come off the platform only to have it end up rotating to reveal the podiums for the Scrabble Sprint round. I loved watching the lights above the Scrabble logo would flash two at a time in time to he theme.